Ten

Draco's POV

Did she really mean to thank me? I had no idea. Didn't matter now.

I walked along the grass outside of the courtyard and spotted Jack Westworth. I quickly turned to go the other way but a shuffling of footsteps followed behind me.

"Ah how's your day today bud?" He asked in an annoying sarcastic tone.

"You better watch yourself Westworth. I can still get you expelled." I said.

I turned to look at him and he chuckled and shook his head.

"It's a shame you didn't, I'm sick of these classes. And Umbridge is the worst."

"You've been staying away from Amelia right?" He continued.

"What? Your mudblood sister? Why would I want anything to do with her?" I snap.

He balled his fist up and stepped towards me which made me flinch stupidly.

"Just... leave her alone Malfoy."

"I don't care for her."

"She'll try to care for you though. See, she likes to fix things, fix broken things. And you my friend? You're probably the most broken person here at Hogwarts, next to Potter."

"I don't know what you're talking about-"

"If you hurt her...If I even hear you call her a mudblood one more time, I swear I'll do something that'll make me get more than expelled."

I didn't understand why he thought he could talk to me like this. It just made me hate him more.

"Oh I'll make sure you get expelled." I snapped.

"Fine."

"Fine."

-

I was filled with rage. I went into the Great Hall and sat down pulling at my hair. There really wasn't much I could do. There wasn't any proof that Westworth threatened me, I didn't want him to think he won.

I could tell he liked getting me riled up. He wanted me to go to my father about this, but that'll just make me seem weak. So I'll handle him myself. In whatever way I have to.

I looked towards the Westworth girl on the table next to the one I was sitting at. She was talking to Longbottom. She looked so kind and compassionate... It was repulsive.

She can't fix me. No one can fix me.

"Dracoooo?" Pansy said in an annoying sing-songy tone.

"What?"

"It's your favorite." She said pushing a plate of potatoes towards me.

"I'm not hungry."

"Oh come on, I haven't seen you eat since yesterday morning." She said grabbing a fork and stabbing a potato.

She held it up and put it near my mouth.

I looked at her and pushed the fork away.

"What part of 'I'm not hungry' did you not understand?"

Blaise put his hand on my arm.

"Calm down mate." He said.

I scowled at him and the rest of the pathetic lot. I got up and left. I didn't want to deal with them. I didn't want to deal with any of this. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be anywhere.

I hurried to our common room and went into my dorm shutting the door. Why didn't they understand? Why can't anyone understand? They're too stupid to understand.

I knocked some books over a little more harshly than I meant to. My frustrations wanted to turn into tears but I wouldn't let them. That's weak. Father says Pureblood wizards shouldn't cry. Boys can cry, but men shouldn't.

I shouldn't cry.

No one can fix me.