Six

"You're far more pathetic than us." I said coldly.

Malfoy smirked and shook his head.
"Do you think you're brave? I see your fear in your eyes. You can't hide it Puffer." He snapped.

I was angry. I was done with being walked all over by this boy who doesn't even have the right. He hurts my friends? That's the last straw. What he said about Neville was the last straw. I knew I'd get in trouble or something but I wouldn't just let this pass like every other day of my life. So I stood up to Draco Malfoy.

"You can't hide what's underneath you either. Malfoy you're a coward. A bloody coward underneath all of that expensive cologne and hair gel. You're gonna go back and tell daddy all about me aren't you? You're gonna cry to daddy and what's he gonna do about it? Buy you another broom? Force someone else to be your friend? Get rid of a professor here? Don't call us pathetic Draco when you know that you're the most pathetic of them all." I said.

I can't believe what just came out of my mouth but I stood my ground waiting for whatever he was gonna do to me.

Malfoy grabbed his wand and pointed it directly at me. His friends were amused and egging him on. He stood there with dark eyes and a furrowed brow. He looked so angry... or sad?

"Get to dinner." Malfoy spat. "I'll take care of this Mudblood."

His goons hurried off down the hall and Malfoy still stood with his wand still at my chin.

"What are you going to do with that?" I asked keeping his cold eye contact.

There was a loud silence and only our quick adrenaline-filled breaths were in the air. They synced up and we were breathing at the same time. The same air.

He lowered his wand and opened his mouth about to give me another threat perhaps.

"That's what I thought." I said. I smoothed out my clothes and gave him one final glare.

"I feel bad for you Malfoy."
And with that I went to dinner feeling a sense of pride in my chest.

-
He didn't come to dinner. He must be moping somewhere. I looked towards Neville at the Gryffinfor table who was smiling and laughing. I was happy for him and glad that I did something about Draco. Neville doesn't deserve to be hurt anymore than he already has.

If what makes Draco so cold is the same thing that hurts him, then maybe striking it at the source would save all of us some grief. Maybe it would save Draco too. He's too hard on the outside though, it would take a lot to crack him. Maybe I can do just that.

Draco's HufflepuffOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara