Twenty Five

It's been about four weeks now since the dark room "shenanigans." I still thought about it every day and wondered if he did too.

Draco and I both got busy with other priorities. I hardly ever see him. I'm not exactly sure what he's been up to but I know he's been working closely with Umbridge and it bothers me to my core. I've been busy with Dumbledore's Army, Harry's taught us a lot. Things are starting to look hopeful. 

Jack hasn't been suspicious, probably due to the fact that Maggie's kept him very distracted. 

"Millie... we.. we did it." Maggie squeaked.

"Ew ew ew!" I covered my ears. "I don't wanna know!"

She swooned and fell onto my bed. She went into gruesome detail and I wanted to chuck a book at her face. I smacked her with my pillow instead.

"Stop stop stop! Shut up you nasty little-!" 

A piece of parchment folded into a bird, flew through the window gracefully.

"What's that?" She asked grabbing it out of the air.

I looked at her in confusion and took it before she could open it. I opened it and started to read.

Dear Puffer,  

Meet me in Hogsmeade, 4:00 pm tonight. Just sneak out. Don't be late. Knowing you, you probably will be. Whatever, just come.

-M

I stared at it and couldn't stop the small blush from appearing on my cheeks.

"What? What is it?" Maggie asked leaning over to peek at it.

I moved it out of her view and shook my head. 

"Nothing."

"Mils. We tell each other everything."

"Do you tell Jack everything too?"

"What? Of course not! Lemme see it!"

I sighed and held it out to her.

She took it and read it in a millisecond.

"OH MY!" 

Riley, a girl who was reading in her bed looked over at us very annoyed. I smacked Maggie's arm.

"Shush!"

"Mils! What does this meaaan?" She whisper-yelled.

"I don't really know."

"C'mon really? You still haven't told me about what happened in the forest."

"I said I was over it, it didn't matter."

"Didn't? Does it matter now?"

I realized she wouldn't give up so I moved closer to her and whispered.

"Do not freak out ok?"

She nodded impatiently.

"We kissed. Twice."

I swear her eyes bulged out of her head and she turned red as a cherry. She fidgeted her entire body and seemed to be holding her breath. It was kind of funny.

"Amelia Westworth! When?"

"Like a month ago..."

"What!? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Dingwad!" 

"I know, I was going to but it seemed lame, in the forest it seemed like such a mistake but then it happened again and... now this note, I guess maybe it really means something."