Thirty Five

"I don't understand how you think this is fun." Draco said pushing his game piece across the board.

"Because I'm gonna beat your arse."

"Yeah right, you're five spaces behind me!"

I chuckled and looked up at him. He was biting his bottom lip and was completely focussed on the game. Probably just cause he was a competitive little butt. He muttered the words 'stupid' and 'muggle' too many times to count.

"It's your turn smart one." He snapped.

I went my turn and after a few rounds I won triumphantly. 

"Aha! You loser!" I shouted and jumped up excitedly. "YOU LOST! IN YOUR FACE! HOW DOES IT FEEL MALFOOOY?"

"Well you've played this more times than me of course you'd win." He whined.

"Excuses, excuses." I tsked. "Two words: Sore. Loser."

He rolled his eyes and tossed the dice on the table. 

"Alright four-eyes what other stupid games do you have in that bag of yours?"

"Well we've already played them all." I said looking around at the very cluttered dining table we were at.

"Thank you."

"For what?" He asked.

"For doin' this with me and y'know, not making fun of me too much."

He shrugged and glanced at a clock on the wall. We'd been playing for five hours. 

"Wanna bake cookies?" I asked.

"Oh my God." He replied unenthusiastically.

"Whaaat?"

"What are we going to do after that? Knit sweaters for kittens?"

Well I did in fact bring my knitting stuff but I wasn't going to bring it up. I swiftly kicked that bag under the table. 

"No..."

He stood up and looked distastefully at the mess we'd made. I had finally convinced him to wear something other than a suit. He was wearing a button up and some looser fitting pants. 

"My face is up here Puffer."

I glared at him.

"Oh don't pretend you haven't checked me out."

He stuck his tongue in his cheek to stop the smile forming on his lips but it didn't work so he just turned and walked out of the room. 

"What kind of bloody cookies are we making?" He called from the kitchen.

I smiled and walked to the kitchen. 

-

"Draco really-" I groaned rolling up his sleeves. 

He turned his head to look at me and I got caught in his gaze. His brows furrowed and he lifted his hand and rubbed his thumb on my cheek. We both turned red.

"F-flour, you had on..." 

I nodded in understanding and he looked back at the dough he was mixing. A loud rumbling outside made us both jump. 

"Draco I thought there was no one around for miles." I said.

"There's isn't. It was probably just a tree." He said walking over to a window. 

"A tree doesn't sound like a troll who has bad gas." 

He looked out kind of fearfully but shook it off.