Chapter One

Vampiric Romance Chapter One

*Emilee’s POV*

“Ren?” There is shadow standing among the mist. I walked closer but as I get nearer, the shadow started to move further away from me.

“Ren! Ren!” I called out to him but he has no intention to stop. He continued to walk, leaving me standing in the middle of the forest, barefooted. Fear started to fill my heart.

“Ren!” I chased after him. The tree branches under my feet are pricking me. However, that doesn’t even bother me.  I kept on running and running. Tears filled my eyes.

Why is he leaving me? Why? Did I do anything wrong? I kept on chasing him. I didn’t notice the tree thick branch below me causing me to trip over and fell flat onto the ground. But nothing hurts except for my heart. I clutched tightly onto my chest. It hurts. It hurts so badly. It felt like someone has punched me into my chest, creating a big black deep hole.

“Ren!! REN!!!” I shouted out for him but he never once turned back to look at me. As seconds goes by, he started to fade out from my view. I cried even harder. Why!! I love him so much. I can’t lose him. I can’t. I looked at the direction where he has walked to. He is nowhere to be seen.

Then, I heard some footsteps, stepping onto the tree branches breaking them. Did Ren come back? I felt a sudden of joy. I used all my energy to get back up. At the moment when I turned around, a man roared at me with blood dripping out from his mouth. And.. there are 2 fangs….

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed out loud, waking up from my dream. I sat up from my bed panting. I have been having nightmares here and then. These few days, the nightmares got more frequently.  I turned to look at the mirror. I wiped off the sweat from my forehead. Slowly, my fingers swept passes my cheeks. My tears have dried up, leaving marks on my cheeks.

I stood up from my bed and headed for the desk. I opened the first drawer and took out a photo frame. I starde at the photo and tears start falling again. It has been 5 years since the day he left me without any notice. He did not leave any trail behind. It is as if he didn’t exist, as if everything has been a dream. In the photo, he is hugging me tightly and both of us smiled so brightly. I miss him.

Stupid me. I scolded myself. Didn’t I promise myself not to think of him again? I wiped off my tears and put the photo frame back into my drawer. I tried my best to push back all my feelings, trapping it back into a chest and locked it.

I walked into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After I’m done with it, I walked to my closet and chose a comfortable outfit. Just a simple shirt and a skinny jean. I combed my hair, letting it fall over my shoulders. I swung my bag over my shoulder and walked out from my room. I’m living alone. My parents died in a car accident 3 years ago. They left me with this house and their assets. Not much. The assets are just enough to pay for my University school fees and some miscellaneous.

I walked out of my house and lock the door. School is just a 10 minutes walking distance from my house. The weather is good today. Breezy and sunny. As I am walking, I felt weird like there is someone watching me. But when I turned my head around, there is no one except me on the streets. Guess I’m being overly sensitive. I shrug and continued walking to school.

“Emilee!!” Just as I stepped into school, my best friend, Jenn, came running up to me. She jumped on me and laughed happily. The first thought that came into my mind is “something must be up”.

I smiled at her and look at her suspiciously. “What?” She showed an innocent.

“Quit acting. What’s up?” I asked her. She started smiling sheepishly.

“There are 2 handsome guys coming to our course!!!!!!!!!!!” She began dancing around in the campus. I groaned. Not again. So now I have to listen to her talking about guys again? Jenn is a best friend of mine. She is always having crushes on handsome hot guys. Of course she doesn’t know them in person but.. She is just interested in them and hoping that one might fall in love with her so she will experience those fairy tales loves. So now.. Knowing that there may be handsome guys coming into our course she will start to stalk them again. Poor guys. Oh. No. Should be poor me. She will start dragging me around to follow those guys around.

“Hey!” She slapped my arm. “Stop groaning. We might get an incredible love this time round.” Here she goes again.

“Yea yea..” I just casually reply her. She has been saying that sentence for N times and still... No luck. She is still single and available. Same goes for me. But I just not ready for another relationship. Not now even it has been 5 years.

“C’mon. We’ll be late for class.” I pulled Jenn to our lockers. We grabbed our books and headed for our lesson. By the time we stepped into the lecture hall, it is already filled with people. Jenn and I just sat at the front row. Students settled down and the professor began his lesson.

As the lesson continues, this feeling of being watched came again. I turn around and scan the area. I don’t even know who I am looking for. There are too many people sitting behind me.

“What’s wrong?” Jenn nudged me in my arm. “Looking for the hot guys?! I wonder where they are sitting also!” Jenn became excited and started to scan around too.

Jenn and I are major in Economics and Business course. In Univeristy, our modules are chosen by ourselves and time table planned by ourselves. Jenn and I took the same modules every semester. Currently, we are attending our core module seminar – Business Management. Since it is a core, this means that every student who major in Economics and Business have to study it. So.. that includes the new students.

“Oh my god!!! Is it him?!” She squealed and grabbed my arm happily. I turned to look at the direction where she is looking. There is this guy sitting at the corner of the lecture hall. Ok. Not bad looking. Reddish brown hair, big rounded eyes. He even has a build. You can even see him arm muscle flexing with every of his movement. He looked kind of.. familiar? Where did I see him before?

He somehow realized that we are looking at him and he gave us a smile. Jenn got even excited. She grabbed onto my arm even harder. “He smiled at me!! Did you see that?!”

“Yea…. I saw it….” I shook my head. She is always like that. If is not because we are having lesson, she might already started jumping around.

I turned back to that direction, wanting to just take a last glance. I froze immediately. It can’t be. It can’t be.