Chapter Thirty

Vampiric Romance Chapter Thirty

*Jay's POV*

"Jenn, you need to rest more." I carried Jenn back to our room and put her on the bed. She sat on the bed and I sat beside her. I pulled her closed to me. She lay on my chest with her eyes closed. I think I said that I will allow her to go out to play in the snow if she's awake, but I guess I should take that back. I just want her to rest, to recover, to be healthy staying by my side.

"Jenn, I know you are sad about your arm. You can cry out if you want." I said. I feel her body trembling. Drop of tears dripped on my shirt. She gripped tightly on to my shirt.

"I'm sorry. It's my mistake." I said. I should be more alert and cautious. I shouldn't let my guard down. Otherwise, Jenn wouldn't get attack. Nothing would have happened to her.

She shook her head and nestled her face on my chest. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't hide it from you and secretly went to help Emilee. Are you mad?" She lifted her head up and looked at me.

"Yes. I'm mad. I'm mad that you didn't listen to me. I'm mad that you got yourself injured. I'm mad that you didn't trust me. But I'm more frustrated at myself. I failed to protect you. I caused you to get hurt twice. I'm not able to forgive myself. Such a lousy mate I am."

"Jay..."

"Jenn, please. Never do this again. Please allow me to protect you. I don't want to see you get hurt anymore. You don't know how much I'm scared of losing you. You don't know how much I wanted to take away your pain. I rather I am the one who is injured..."

Tears stream down from her face. Her eyes are so puffy. I wiped away her tears and held onto her face.

"I'm sorry." She mouthed to me. She came closer to me and kissed me on my lips. I grabbed her and placed her on my lap, deepening the kiss.

'I love you.' Her voice rang in my mind.

'I love you more, my baby girl.' I replied. She giggled at my thoughts.

"I miss your laughter." I said and looked deeply into her eyes.

"And I miss your nervous blabbering." She then laughed. I narrowed my eyes at her.

She chuckled and lay on my chest. Slowly, her breathing becomes slow and regular. I then realized she has fallen asleep. I placed her nicely on the bed and covered her with a blanket. I kissed her on her forehead and lay down next to her. I'm so glad that I got her back. I will never let her leave my side again. This is because I want to be with her eternity.

*Jenn's POV*

In the next morning, I looked out of the window. The sky has stopped snowing. White snow piled up on the ground, covering the green grasses. Such a beautiful scene. I smiled to myself. Then, a pair of warm arms wrapped around me. I turned to smile at Jay.

"Morning, my love." He said.

I giggled. "Morning, big boy."

He smiled warmly at me. "I have something on today. They discussed about the plan against Uncle Finn. You are going to stay in here today. You need to rest." He said.

"Can I attend too?" I asked.

"No. Jenn, I want you to rest. You are not going anywhere, except lying on your bed." His face looked so serious. His eyes filled with worries, care and concern.

"Ok." I nodded at him. I don't want him to worry about me anymore. It has been so hard on him. "I will stay in the room till you come back for me."

"I will ask Emilee to come over to accompany you. Don't try to carry any heavy things. If you need help, you can ask the servants or Emilee or me for help. Understand?" He cupped my face with his face.

"Yes, my dear lord." I giggled and looked at him. He closed up the gap between us and put his arms around my waist.

"I just want you to be safe." Jay said.

I lay on his chest. "I know. I'm sorry for making you worried. I will stay here and be safe. I promise. I will keep my mind open so you can know the things that pass through my mind."

He nodded at me and kissed me on my forehead before leaving the room. Shortly after Jay has left, Emilee came into our room.

"Hey Jenn." She smiled at me.

"EMILEE!! Come and sit here." I patted on the space of the bed beside me. "Jay forbids me to get down of the bed. So I got to trouble you to come here to accompany me instead." I laughed.

"What are you talking about, Jenn? It's not troublesome at all." Emilee sat down beside me.

"I'm sorry, Jenn." Emilee apologized to me.

"About?"

Emilee looked at my arm and she is at the verged of crying. "Hey Hey. No crying. I'm fine, Emilee."

She quickly wiped off her tears and smiled at me. "I'm sorry."

I smiled at her. "Let's not talk about that." I looked outside of the window.

"It's so beautiful outside. I feel like going out to roll on the snow." I pouted.

'Jenn, you cannot leave your room. Don't even think of rolling on the snow.' Jay's voice rings in my head.

'I know. Aren't you having meeting? Concentrate on the discussion. I should have blocked my mind instead of leaving it opened.'

'No. Don't you dare.'

'Try me.'

I heard him groaned on the other side and I laughed. 'Jay, I promise you I will stay in the room. I won't go anyway. Just concentrate on the discussion and don't get distracted. The discussion is important and they need your help. Ok?'

'Ok.'

I turned back to find Emilee looking at me. "Sorry. Jay got distracted by me when I said I want to go out and roll on the snow."

I could feel that Jay is still concentrating on my thoughts. 'Jay...' I warned him. Then, I feel the focus is fading.

I smiled at Emilee. "Sorry about that."

"It's ok. Because ever since that night, Ren is also hovering around my mind. He allowed himself to block his thoughts away from me but he totally doesn't allow me to block him off." Emilee looked irritated. I laughed at the expression that she is making. I understand that. The both of them are equally possessive and protective.

Emilee and I continued talking. "We didn't finish University." I said.

"Yea. It feels good not having to attend lessons and do tutorials. But I kind of miss it too." Emilee said.

"Yea. Me too."

I was focusing on Emilee and suddenly there are scenes flashing through my mind. I widen my eyes when I saw all those.

"Jenn? Jenn? What's wrong?" I feel Emilee nudging me. Sweat started dripping down from my face.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" I screamed out loud.

Am I the only one or I feel the font is kind of weird? But anyway, here's the new chapter!!! Comments. is this story like boring? Hmm... Even if no one reads it, I will still continue posting. Reading and Writing story is like my hobby. I get addicted to it easily. Probably I love imagining myself being one of the character. *wink*