Chapter Seven

Vampiric Romance Chapter Seven

*Emilee’s POV*

“But sooner or later she has to get involve because she is your soul mate.” Ray used his fingers to poke Ren’s chest.

Ray went closer to Ren and said into his ear. “And… I have to dispose her to get what I want.”

This totally enraged Ren. He pushed me aside and lunged towards Ray. Ray moved swiftly to avoid his attack.

“Now now, my little cousin. You wouldn’t want to expose yourself and use your power against me with our little innocent Emilee watching, isn’t it? You may not want to scare her.”

After hearing what Ray has said, Ren froze. Ray just laughed and left within seconds. How does he move so fast? And the things he said, what does it means? Dispose? He’s coming to kill me? But why? Soul mate? Power?

I ran towards Ren. “Ren?” He’s eyes has turned black again but this time is even darker than before. His body is trembling and he seems to be trying to get in control of himself. I hug him immediately.

“Ren, it’s ok. I’m fine.” I lift up my head and looked at him but he isn’t responding to me.

“Ren, please. You are scaring me.” No matter what I say he’s not responding to me. I take a deep breath. I cup his face and tip-toe to place my lips on his.

Ren. Please. Please come back to me. I forgive you for leaving without telling me. I trust you. I love you. Please.

Finally, I feel his arms wrapped around me, pulling me closer to him. He deepened the kiss and we continued kissing till I’m out of breath.

I leaned on his chest, trying to stable my breathing.

“Let’s get you home.” Ren held on to me and we made our way back to my house. I went to wash up and change my clothes. I walked out of my room and went to the living room. Ren is lying down on my sofa, resting with his eyes closed.

I sat down on the floor, in front of him. He looks so handsome when he’s sleeping. I mean he is also handsome when he is awake. Argh.. What am I thinking?

I looked at Ren and realized he is smiling. Is he dreaming or..? He stirred a bit and opened his eyes to look at me. I got so mesmerized by his hazel brown eyes again. He grabbed my neck suddenly and crashed his lips on mine. I’m so in love with the taste of his lips. He pulled me up from ground and cuddled me to lie beside him on the couch.

“Ren? We..”

“You are my girlfriend. You are mine. You belong to me. I love you.” Ren looked into my eyes. He’s like a drug to me. I’m addicted to him. Forever, I wouldn’t want to quit it.

“Ray.. Who is he? And what he mean by..” I glance at Ren’s expression before continuing. “… disposing me to get what he want? And soul mates…?”

“You don’t have to worry yourself over such things. I won’t let anyone or Ray gets near to you. I will protect you.” Ren hugged me tightly.

I should be happy when Ren said that he will protect me but I want to know what he is keeping from me. I want to share his burden and problems. I didn’t like the idea of him thinking that I’m a glass doll. Moreover, this issue also concerns me. I don’t want him to get hurt in order to protect me. If anything happens to him just to keep me safe, I rather die.

“NO!! I will not let you die!! You are not going to have that kind of thoughts, do you understand me?!” I looked at Ren unbelievable. How did he know what I’m thinking?

He groaned and sat up from the couch, putting me on his lap.

“Ren, are you going to tell me what is happening?”

“You are not going to let it slip, aren’t you?”

“And you are not going to tell me, aren’t you?” Ren kept silence. I get off from his lap.

“Then maybe I should go and ask Ray myself?” I threaten him. But of course I wouldn’t really go and ask Ray. He’s creepy.

Ren just laughed. “Yes. He’s creepy so you should stay away from him. I will not allow you to go and meet him nor the other way round.”

I frown. Are you reading my thoughts?

“Yes.” He just replied simply.

“How do you do that?” I asked. Ren is debating whether to tell me or not.

“You are not going to tell me either?” He kept silence again. “Then, what you and Jay are talking in the cafeteria today?”

Ren looked at me and still, he’s not opening his mouth.

“Ren! I’m not a kid anymore! You can’t just keep things from me!” I protested.

“I just want to protect you. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“Same goes for me. I want you to be safe too.” I argued.

“Emi, this is not as simple as you think it is.”

“Try me.” I look at him.

“So... My baby Emi has grown up and knows how to oppose me.”

“Ren!!” Both of us start to glare at each other. None of us are giving in. I do not what got into me. My tears just flow out.

“Emi...” Ren came up to me. I took a step back from him.

“Just what am I to you now? You came back acting as normal, telling me that you love me and I’m your girlfriend but you aren’t telling me anything. You requested me to trust you and I’m trying so hard to trust you despite not knowing anything. But I have already reached my limit. I don’t like this. Not knowing anything and it seems that I putting you into danger...”

“No. Emi. You are not putting me in danger. I am.” Ren stand in front of me. He let out a sigh.

“I’m a Vampire.”