Chapter Two

Vampiric Romance Chapter Two

*Emilee’s POV*

I must be dreaming. It can’t be. It can’t be him. How could it be possible that he’s here? I laughed at myself. I must be thinking too much. When I turned to the corner of the lecture hall and looked again, he’s not there anymore. I mocked at myself. I must be going crazy already. Despite this, throughout the lesson, I still have this small little wish hoping that it isn’t my imagination just now. But whenever I turned around, he’s not there. To be honest, I’m disappointed and sad.

3 hours of lesson finally ended. But I guess I wasn’t even listening. I’m so distracted.

“Emilee?” Jenn waved her hand in front of me. I then realized the hall left the both of us. All other students have already left. I turn behind and look around. Not even a soul.

“Emilee, is there something wrong? You have been very distracted.” Jenn looked at me seriously. She can be very crazy sometimes but she is really a very good friend. She is nice, caring, and observant. I know her in Year 1. We are currently in Year 2 of our University life. She doesn’t know about him. I have not mentioned anything to her.

“Nope. I’m fine. Let’s go to the cafeteria?” I’m packed my notes and books while asking her.

“Sure.” She smiled and the both of us headed out of the lecture hall.

“Hey.” Someone from the back called out to the both of us. We turn around and realize that it is that new student, the guy that sat at the corner earlier on. He really looked… familiar... Where did I... But I can’t recall anything. Whenever I tried to think, I got nothing. It’s like total blank. Maybe I’m thinking too much. He’s a new student here. I should not have seen him before.

I could sense Jenn tensing up beside me. She must be getting nervous and thinking that her love is coming her way. The guy walked up to us and scratched his neck awkwardly.

“Ye..Yea..?” Jenn asked nervously and shifting her foot. The guy walked up to Jenn.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?” He asked. Both of us are shocked. My eyes widen. I looked at Jenn. I caught her blushing. This time she might really find her… love? I chuckled. Jenn glared at me. I just pretended that I didn’t see that.

“Su..Sure..” Of course she will agree.

“I go to the cafeteria first.” I told her. She just nodded. So weird. I wonder why he would like to talk to her. But I’m happy for her. If that guy is interested in her, that would be great. I mean Jenn is a nice girl. She should get someone good that treats her well.

While I am too engrossed in my thoughts, someone grabbed my arm and started pulling me away. We ended up in some changing room and that person pinned me against the lockers.

I stared into his hazel brown eyes. It seems that the time has stopped and I can always look at him in such a close distance till forever. His eyes, his lips, his nose, his smell, his warm, his everything. The feelings that I have been keeping deep down seems to break open again. All the love is resurfacing. The tears in my eyes blurred my vision. I always remind myself to forget about him. I must forget about him. Even when I thought of him or saw the photos we took together, I am able to push away all the feelings I had and keep it deep down into my heart. But now... He is just standing in front of me. I can’t deny anymore. I miss him so much. I love him so much. But at the same time, I’m hurting too. Why did he leave me suddenly? And why is he returning now?

He lifted up his hand and wiped off my tears gently. He placed his forehead on mine gently. We stayed in that position for a couple of minutes before he speaks.

“I miss you so much.”

I looked up and met with his hazel brown eyes. I rose my hand up and placed it on his cheek. It’s really him. Slowly, he came closer to me. His lip is just a few centimeters away from mine.

“No..” I pushed him away from me. I shook my head. What was I doing?

I looked at him. “N..o.. Is not suppose to be like this…”

“Emi..” He wanted to move closer to me. I quickly moved away and stayed a distance away from him.

“Don’t call me that!!” I covered my ears with my hand.

“Emi..” He took a step forward and when he does that, I took a step back.

“Don’t come close to me!!” I moved away from him till my back hit against the wall. “Why are you doing this to me?! Why are you back suddenly? Why are you appearing in front of me now? You left me alone for 5 years without telling me any reasons. You just disappeared out of a sudden. And you came back suddenly…” I don’t and couldn’t understand. Tears just keep on rolling down fiercely. It doesn’t seem to stop.

“Emi, I’m sorry for leaving. Please forgive me. I didn’t want to hurt you. I’m sorry. You have to trust me. When the time comes, I will explain to you. But for now, please don’t push me away.” He walked up to me and wiped off my tears. I totally flinched.

He pulled me into his embrace and hugged me tightly. “Ren…”

“I love you.” Ren mumbled into my ears.

“You.. You are lying. I’m not going to believe you! I won’t forgive you!!” I pushed him away from me and ran out of the changing room.

No. He is just lying. He is just playing around with you. Never believe what he has said.

You know that you are just denying. You always believe him. You love him.

No. No. I don’t love him. I don’t love him anymore.

You love him. You have to give him a chance to explain.

No. I don’t want to hear. He left me alone. He’s not with me when my parents died. He’s not with me when I was alone at home. He’s not with me when the thunder freaked me out. He said he will always be there for me but he left me alone. He left me alone for 5 years. He didn’t contact me. He didn’t give me any reasons and just disappeared.

He told you he will explain to you when the time comes. You have to give him a chance.

I’m so mixed up. I just kept on running and running. Just wanted to get far away from him. But how far can I get? I realized that my heart has chosen to stay with him. I totally forgot about school, forgot about Jenn. I ran back home and locked myself in my room. I crouched down at one corner of my room and kept on crying.