Chapter Fourteen

Vampiric Romance Chapter Fourteen

*Emilee’s POV*

“You are dying, Emi. When Ray threw you across the streets, you are wounded so badly that it can’t be heal. I have no choice but to bite you to awake your vampire cells so you can continue living.” Ren looked so hurt and I know this is because I almost died. He looks like he will undergo a mental breakdown if I really left him.

“I wanted you to live happily as a human, Emi. I didn’t want you to get involve with Ray’s problem or any other vampires’ issues. I just want to keep you safe. I should have control myself. I shouldn’t have appeared in your room that night. Then Ray wouldn’t have found you and I won’t bring any danger to you. Or rather, 5 years ago, I should listen to my mum then I would not make the mistake of biting you. I wouldn’t turn you into a blood feeding monster like me. It’s my entire fault.” Ren said.

“Ren, what are you talking about?! You are not a monster. I’m not sure of what has happened but if I have a choice, I will still want you to bite me and change me into a vampire. Just like what Jenn said. The important point is not being a vampire or not. The important point is that I want to be with you. If the only option to be with you is to turn into a vampire, then I will accept it. I’m glad that I met you. I’m happy that I fall in love with you. I love to know that I’m your soul mate. I am the one to stay with you forever and not some other girls.” Thinking that his soul mate might be someone else other than me, I feel so jealous. I hate it.

Ren is mine!!

Ren laughed suddenly. Opps. I forget he is reading my thoughts, as usual.

“Ren, stay out of my head!” This is so unfair!!

“Nope. I love to read your thoughts. It is so fascinating.” Ren cupped my face. “I’m so glad that you are my soul mate too. Otherwise, I wouldn’t know how to let you go. I never intend to let go of you again. I love you, Emilee Grey.”

“I love you more, Mister Ren Handerson.” I smile sweetly at him. I use my fingers and draw across his chest.

“So… Care to tell me what is happening? 5 years ago I’m supposed to be a vampire but I returned to being a human. I lost my memories and I lost you. And what is happening between you and Ray?”

Ren groaned. “Emi…”

“Ren, I have the rights to know. I want to know. You can’t forever hide this from me.”

“I just want you to live happily, without any worries. I will protect you.”

“Ren, please.” Oh god. Why is he so persistent? Can’t he just tell me what the heck is going on?

“It’s getting cold here. Let’s go back to the house.” Ren stood up from the grass. He’s avoiding the topic.

“Ren!!”

“Let’s go.” He held my hand and pulled me up from the grass. This guy is really… Stupid Ren.

“You know I can hear your thoughts.” He warned me.

I don’t care. ‘Stupid Ren. Stupid Ren. Stupid Ren.’

He just chuckled at my childishness.

The weather is turning windy. Gust of wind blown passed us. Wind… I start to feel weird. I stare at the direction where the wind is blowing. I feel a strong power extending out within me.

“Emi!! Stop!!!” I heard Ren shouting at me but I do not know what he means. I can feel wind swirling around me and they give me some sort of… power?

‘Emi. Emi love. Stop whatever you are doing.’

‘I don’t know. I…’

‘Emi, close your eyes and think of some happy times.’

I did what Ren said. I closed my eyes and think of the moments I shared with him.

“Emi?” I open my eyes and saw Ren with a worried face. I look at the surrounding. Leaves and branches are falling down from the trees. The grasses are also half destroyed. There is soil tracks formed on the grass field.

“What just happened? I.. feel…”

“EMI!!” That’s the last thing I heard before blacking out.

I do not know how long I have been unconscious. And this day, I heard people talking beside me.

“How is she?”

“She is fine. Let her rest for a while more. She has the ability to control wind and her power is currently developing. She has to learn to control it. Otherwise, her power will just keep draining her energy until she dried up. You should know that, Ren. Vampires who have the ability to control elements are gifted but at the same time, you have to know how to control it. Since there is royal blood flowing within you, it is much easier for you to control it. In the past, normal vampires who are equipped with this kind of ability didn’t survive long. She is a bitten vampire. It is much more taxing for her. And you do remember that this is one of the reasons why you agree to seal away her vampire senses 5 years ago.”

“But, doesn’t drinking my blood help her to control her power?”

“Yes. It does help but she would require and demand lots of it. And in the process, her power might hurt you or others if she loses control. You probably need to discuss this with the Majesty.”

“Then, if dad doesn’t agree, I have to watch her die?! NO!! I’m not going to let that happen. Nothing is important to me except her. I’m not even interested in the throne. Ray can have it if he wants it!! I don’t care!!”

“How could say such a thing!! And you think that we will let your mate dies?!” Someone barged into the room and roar loudly.

“Ren?” My words came out softly.

“Emi love… How are you feeling? Are you thirsty?” Ren rushed to me immediately. I look into his eyes and the burning feeling from my throat start to arise. Ren probably sensed it.

“Emi, feed from me.” Ren demanded. I look at him and look at his parents who are standing at the door. I hesitated.

“Emi…” Ren cupped my face and lift my head up to face him. Tears stream down my face.

“Let’s leave them alone.” Ren’s dad spoke and left the room with others following him out.