Chapter Eighteen

Vampiric Romance Chapter Eighteen

*Ren’s POV*

“Ren, you do realize you have the power of freezing people in ice, don’t you?”

“Yes. But what is has to do with Emi?”

“Ren, you are gifted. You are the water controller. You can control water and at the same time, you can turn water into any state you want – gas, liquid or solid. Vampires who are equipped with this kind of power are rare. Many of them died. Because these power are too strong for them to handle. But you have royal blood flowing within you; it is easier for you to control your power. But Emi, she’s too weak to handle those powers.” Mum took a glance of me.

“Ren, she has the ability to control the air. Although it should be a happy thing that she is possesses with such a rare gift, but it will kill her. ”

 “Then.. Then.. She can drink from me, isn’t it?”

“Yes. She can drink from you to help her to control her power. But you will also have the desire to feed from her. You have not learned how to control your power. Neither has she. At this state, either one or both of you lose control; your power will flare out, hurting people around you. Ren, you are still not strong enough to help yourself and her at the same time.”

We stayed silence for a minute. “And Ren, there is something that you need to know too. Your mate is not safe here.”

I turn to look at my mum. “Uncle Finn is an ambitious and scheming man. When your grandpa didn’t pass the throne to him, he was so infuriated. But usually, throne is always passed down to the eldest son of the family. And you are our only son. The throne will automatically be yours in the future. But Uncle Finn wanted Ray to succeed the throne. So he is planning to rebel. Currently, if he rebel, he will be at a disadvantage because his troops are not large enough to fight against ours. He may try to kill your mate secretly, Ren. Vampires who lose their mate will go into grieve and sorrow. They will then claim that you are unfit to become the king and Ray will naturally get the throne. On the other hand, if they failed to kill Emilee, they might change plan and create a war instead. They might recruit more vampires to go against us. They wouldn’t hesitate to wipe all of us out. You wouldn’t want Emilee to get involved in a war, right?” My mum tried to convince me.

“In that case, I just give it to Ray. I don’t want to take over the throne. I’m not going to risk losing Emi.”

“REN!!! What are you talking about?!! I know you care for Emilee but you should also think about your parents and your citizens. Ray is the same as your Uncle Finn. They only desire for power, status and money. If the throne is passed to Ray, our people will suffer. They would not maintain order within our kind. Rogues on the loose. No laws. No regulations. Vampires may even travel to earth to drink from all the human kinds. And do you really think that they will just let us off even if we give them the throne?”

I buried my face into my hands. There is too much things for me to register. The worst thing is neither option is feasible. The only plausible choice is to send Emi away!!!

“Son, I know this is hard on you but we have to make decision quick. News spread fast. If they know that you have found your mate, they will try to kill her.”

I can’t… let go of her. It’s so hard for me. But I have to keep her safe. I ruffle my hair in frustration.

“Ren, this is just temporary. We will solve the problem quick so you can get Emilee back.”

“But how long will that be? 1 year? 2 years? 5 years? Or even 10 years? She might forget about me and go with other guys. I don’t want to!!”

“Ren, she won’t forget about you. Even after she changed back into a human, she will still love you. That is what soul mate means.”

I should be happy to hear that. However, that also means that she would be suffering. She can’t forget about me. She will continue to love me but I’m not with her. She will be lonely.

“Ren, you wouldn’t want her to die, right?”

“No… I don’t want her to die.” I’m sorry, Emi.

“I will let her go.” If she will be safe that way, then I will let her go.

Days passes. Life without her is a torture. I tried to keep myself out from her thoughts. But I want to know how she is doing so I listen to her thoughts every day. Just as I predicted, she is in pain. A lot of times I have the urge to run to her and hug her into my arms. But I can’t.

Every day, I drink dozens of blood to quench my thirst. But it is not satisfying. I need to consume from her. But I shook the idea off from my head immediately. I train hard to control my power and I’m doing very well. Jay would coach me sometimes. He has the power to control the earth. Ray has the ability to create thunder and lightning.

After 2 years have passed, I found out that Emi’s parents died in a car accident. I could feel her grieve through the bond. I wanted to be with her so badly. She needs me.

“REN!!! CALM DOWN!!!” Jay is grabbing onto me, yanking me back into the house.

“NO!!! LET GO OF ME!!! SHE NEEDS ME, JAY!!! SHE IS IN PAIN!!!” I want to see her. I want to be by her side.

Jay punched me hard on my stomach. I clutched on to my stomach and kneel down on floor.

“Ren, calm down.” Jay said. I grab on to Jay’s arms tightly.

“Jay, she is hurting…” I never cried before. And this is the first time, I cried in front of Jay.

“I know. I know.”

“I could feel her pain and her sorrow. It hurts me badly to see her like this. I need to go to her, Jay.” My heart hurts a lot.

“I’m sorry, Ren.” Jay knows about the situation too. Ray and his dad heard about the incident which happened on my 18th birthday and they are trying to find out who she is. It would be too dangerous to go and see her. They would find out that Emi is my mate and Emi would be in danger.

For the entire one year, Emi locked herself in the room. I do not know what I can do to help her. I feel so useless. I can’t go to Emi. At the same time, I can’t even do anything to Ray and his dad. They so smart enough to do everything secretly. We do not have any proof to prove that they are trying to rebel. They also have not broken any vampire rules so we cannot do anything to them. This is so frustrating.

And there is this night, I heard Emi screaming out loudly. I can sense all her negative emotions so strongly. I cannot take this anymore. I need to go and see her. I changed and headed for Earth. I stood outside of her flat, unsure whether to go in or not. Finally, I decide to go in.

 “Emi…” I went up to her and wrap my arms around her.

“Shhh.. It’s ok.” I whispered into her ear. “I’m here.”

I feel her body slowly relaxing and soon she fell asleep. I carry her to her bed and tug her nicely.

‘Emi, please wait for me. I will come back for you. Soon. I promise.’

At first, my intention is to solve the throne problem first and then bring Emi back to my side. But because I made this mistake of visiting her, everything changed.

The new chapter is up!!! Enjoy!!

Comments!