1

*Reminder before reading:

👉🏻 Every italic paragraphs throughout this story is a flashback

👉🏻 It's a crime rom-com theme, so expect some violence here but will try to make it moderately shown

👉🏻 If you feel uncomfortable with crime or violence, don't read further if it triggers you somewhere

👉🏻 If you choose to read further, hopefully you enjoy this to the end

👉🏻 Last but not least, this story will not be a longgg story as how you've seen previously in all my other Rosékook fanfics. Maybe 40 chapters or less. Hahah.

*

💥💥💥

"Golden, where are you now?", Taehyung asked through the earpiece when Jungkook was busying himself in the washroom to avoid being seduced by the girl in the hotel room.

"In the hotel room, V. How many times do I have to tell you, bro?", Jungkook replied as quiet as possible before he heard a gunshot sound from outside.

Taehyung cursed as he heard the gunshot in his background too, "Listen, my cover is blown. Which floor are you? I'll get you out of there."

It was Jungkook's time to curse when the door of the washroom is shot from outside. He quickly went up to the ceiling of the washroom that was luckily opened. Then, he turned on his night vision shades to find a way out from there as the door is shot a few more times down there.

"Seriously? How did you get exposed?", Jungkook asked as he headed to the glass window slowly in the small space.

"Well, you took a long time hiding from the girl. She's just a bait. She didn't have anything to do with our target. I found out while you're hiding, bro.", Taehyung replied , not wanting to be blamed for their almost failed mission.

Jungkook kicked the window with his might and managed to make it cracked before a gunshot broke the window fully.

"Where do you think you're going, huh?!", an angry man's voice came from the opened space where he came from earlier.

"V, I'm at the south side of this hotel.", Jungkook said while taking his gun out.

"Such a small space! Damn it!", the angry man said as he filled his gun with bullets. "Yah, you guys block him downstairs. Outside!", he said as he chased away his men from the dark ceiling.

"I'll jump!", Jungkook said before he rolled himself out of the window and luckily landed on soft surface at the second floor.

He jumped down from the canopy before he heard another voice through his earpiece.

"I'm under attack. Grant me permission to kill, Master!", he said as he heard that voice while looking for a spot to jump to get to the ground without injury.

"Golden, I'm in the taxi. See me?", Taehyung intervened.

Jungkook looked down to the road that was not very busy and saw the taxi Taehyung mentioned at the back door of the hotel.

"Stop right there!", Jungkook looked back and saw the angry man pointing his gun from the fifth floor window at him.

He almost got shot but the bullet just grazed his black jacket.

"Golden, you may kill if necessary.", the other voice said and Jungkook quickly aimed his gun to the man at the fifth floor.

With just one shot, he managed to kill the man with the bullet went into his head. When the henchmen of the target running towards him, he jumped down and landed on the roof of a bus before he rolled down to the ground with a thud. Taehyung drove the taxi to him and pulled him just in time before driving away from there as police came to back up at the scene.

"Jungkook? Jungkook, hey. Wake up!", Jimin shook his shoulder as the other police in the Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) department of Seoul Police Agency looked at them in annoyance.

Because of the interruption from Jimin, Jungkook whined as he opened his eyes.

"Why?? What is it?", he asked as he saw a few police officers left in the department.

Then, his eyes widen seeing the leader of his team, Kim Seokjin glaring at him.

"Please go home. This is not where you should be sleeping, Jeon Jungkook.", Seokjin said before he turned around and left to go to his own office.

"Holy crap! How long was I sleeping?", Jungkook asked to Jimin who went to tidy up his own desk.

Jimin pointed to the wall clock, "We came back from the stakeout at 9, bro."

Jungkook slapped his cheek as he realized he slept for one and a half hour at his desk.

"Let's go home, bro. You did well today.", Jimin said as he patted Jungkook's shoulder to assure him that it was not a big issue for him to sleep at the office. He always did that everytime after they finished a task and today they successfully caught the pickpocket in a stakeout.

"Yeah, hyung. You too. See you tomorrow.", he replied as he stretched his arms in the air while seeing Jimin walking out of the office with the others.

💥💥💥

'My Sweetheart

Darling, what time are you coming home? If you have time, can you buy me some mangoes on the way home for me?'

Jungkook smiled as he brought the mangoes he bought from the convenience store into his car. He wanted to reply to her text but changed his mind to call her instead. While waiting for his call to be answered, he cleared his throat to tease her that he could not find the fruit for her that late night.

He waited for a minute but he got no response from her side. Not wanting to wait longer, he ended the call and tried to call their house phone number. He started to drive home as he waited for her to answer his call but it was the same like previous one. She did not pick up his calls.

"Where are you, Rosie?", he muttered as he looked at the time at the moment.

11.11 PM

"You might have gone to sleep. It's okay, then.", he stopped thinking of the reason she did not answer his calls as he focused on driving back home.

💥💥💥

Ayy, hi there, guys! I'm back...with a new Rosékook fanfic here. An idea that has been in my head for quite a long time. I feel happy to give this out to you guys now. Hopefully I get to see you in the next update. Bye-bye, my dear readers!