27

The three agents managed to enter the warehouse through the back door after they made sure that it was safe to go in from there. When they got inside, they found the surrounding area very quiet and there was no one around. With the lead from Namjoon, they moved separately in three directions to observe the whole surrounding before they met at the center again.

"They seem to have evacuated from here. I see no one else except us.", Jennie stated but Taehyung disagreed as he shook his head.

"Jungkook is here. He might be in different floor. There's an elevator at the end of the hallway there.", he pointed to the right side where he checked earlier.

Namjoon nodded, "If he's here, that means someone else is here too. He can't be left alone doing nothing in this place."

"Let's check the other floors?", Taehyung asked.

"Yes. Let's do that.", Namjoon said as they walked to the elevator at the end of the hallway.

When they got inside, there was only one button for a basement floor below. Jennie tapped it and they were brought down in a few seconds to the basement floor. Namjoon told them to go separately again, this time to check the whole basement floor area.

After a minute, they gathered outside the elevator back. Taehyung and Jennie had a look of urgency on their faces as if they just discovered something shocking. Namjoon who went to check alone asked them if they find something.

"I heard faint noises.", Taehyung said first.

"I saw few bombs attached on the ceiling. They're covered with-"

"A tape that has same colour with the ceiling. I found one too and I've defused it. Let's defuse the others.", Namjoon cut Jennie's words as he knew that they discovered the same thing at that floor.

"What about the noise I heard?", Taehyung asked as he looked up to the ceiling to locate the bomb the siblings have seen.

"What about it?", Jennie asked.

"I swear I heard something knocking from- there.", Taehyung pointed to the ground as the three of them heard the knocking sound he said.

Jennie thought of something, "Oppa, I want to check the elevator again."

Taehyung frowned at her action but his eyes kept searching the ceiling for bombs to be defused. Namjoon had his tech device ready to defuse the bombs while Taehyung carefully brought the bombs down to the ground. When Jennie came back running to them, they were interrupted by a beeping sound from the bombs and they saw a timer has been set for the bombs.

"Sh*t!", Taehyung cursed as he saw the blinking two minutes in red LED lights on the bombs.

"Oppa, there's another basement below.", Jennie informed them.

"V, help me take over the speaker control. J, go rescue Golden.", Namjoon instructed them and Jennie quickly rushed down to the Basement Two.

"Can we beat the timer?", Taehyung asked as he watched the timer on the bomb nervously.

Namjoon remained quiet before he sighed in relief after he did something.

"I slowed it down.", he said to Taehyung.

"That doesn't sound so good.", Taehyung replied as he tapped on the mini microphone he just connected to the speaker in the warehouse.

"Go help J.", Namjoon said as he took the microphone and spoke to it telling his agents to hurry up.

Then, he called for Jungkook using his codename but he knew there will be no respond from him.

"Golden, do you hear me? There are bombs in this warehouse. We couldn't locate you in time. We're short-handed so please. Find a shelter now.", he spoke with hope that Jungkook could hear him.

As he carefully defusing the bombs one by one, he cursed at how the bombs were all set at the same time but they cannot be defused altogether at once. If not because of that, he would be able to help Taehyung and Jennie downstairs. He knew they are trained agents but he also knew that this mission is a big one and if they make mistake, it can be fatal for them.

As Taehyung and Jennie roamed around the lowest basement to locate Jungkook, they met with many more bombs on the ceiling which slowly counting down to one minute before thy blow off.

"I think he's in here.", Taehyung said as he approached a wall on the left that has a weird rectangle like a door but there is no door handle there.

"Any idea how to get inside?", Jennie asked with serious face.

Taehyung slowly shook his head before they were interrupted by an explosion from a distant.

"Sh*t. The timer's off?", Taehyung asked as he looked at the bomb nearby.

"Maybe that's a broken timer.", Jennie said calmly. "Look, V. We have to save ourselves. We have to get shelter.", she added as she looked at the timer on the bomb above her head.

"What? And leave Jungkook alone?", he asked her.

Jennie shook her head, "I went inside the rooms and the ceiling weren't attached with bombs. If my hunch is right, there will be no bomb in there too. He'll be safe in there."

"No.."

"Can you trust me on this?!", Jennie grabbed his hand and pulled him into the closest room to seek shelter from there.

After a series of explosion are heard outside, Jungkook slowly moving his body from the debris of the destroyed walls and furniture to look at his surrounding. He kept his left arm holding Chaeyoung's body while his right arm removing the debris away from his body. He got few minor injuries on right side of his body as he tried to see in the smoke.

He heard two voices groaning in distant but he knew none of them belonged to Chaeyoung. With the strength left in him, he pulled Chaeyoung up and looked at her face. She was unconscious. Her eyes were closed. There were a lot of dirt on her face but luckily there was no bleeding that he can see there.

"Chae? Hey, baby..", he called her as he softly tapped her cheek. "Chaeyoung, wake up, baby.", he tried again to wake her up but she was not responding to him. "Chaeyoung, please..", he planted a kiss on her forehead with a tear escaping his right eye.

💥💥💥

Happy ending?