18

"Chaeyoung!"

She looked sharply at the man that suddenly hold her wrist stopping her from going into the room.

"Let go. I don't know you.", she said as she tried to pull away but the man did not listen to her.

"Chaeyoung, it's me. Jungkook. Your husband.", Jungkook said as he pulled down his hoodie.

Rose frowned as she pulled her hand.

"Let go of me before I hurt you.", she said coldly.

"No, I won't.", he fired back as he tightened his grip on her arm.

Rose's eyes opened wide as she recalled the incident earlier at the casino. It was her third attempt to sleep but her mind could not stop thinking of the man that almost screwed up her mission. She got up from her bed and decided to look for Sphinx to get sleeping pill from him. She thought that maybe that can help her to sleep.

She went to his room and knocked on the door twice. A few seconds later, the door is opened and Sphinx is seen fixing his eyeglasses before looking up at her.

"Rose?", he said.

"Oppa, I'm sorry if I disturb your sleep.", she replied.

Sphinx shook his head, "I should thank you for waking me up. I need to see Munchkin. Anyway, why are you here, Rose?"

He stepped out of his room and closed the door behind him.

"I...can't sleep so I was thinking...do you have sleeping pill that can help me to sleep, oppa?", Rose asked.

"Sleeping pill?", he asked back, not expecting Rose to ask him something like that.

Rose nodded, "I really want to sleep but my mind is...I don't know. Messed up, maybe."

Sphinx's eyes went bigger for a second. He got concerned if she had dreams like before.

"Your mind...is messed up?", he asked her.

"Yeah, it's like...there's something bothering my mind. I tried to close my eyes to sleep but I kept opening my eyes back as if my mind doesn't want me to rest.", Rose tried to explain.

Sphinx thinks about it for a while before replying, "Let's go to the lab. I'll do a checkup on your brain."

He was going to walk to the direction of the lab but his phone suddenly rang.

"Ah, Munchkin's calling.", he sighed.

"Oppa, it's okay. You should go meet him but...do you have the pill I asked for? At least, I swallow that and try again to sleep.", Rose suggested.

Sphinx thinks quietly before speaking to Rose, "I'm sorry, Rose. I don't have that pill here. Maybe you can use the gym and work out until you get tired. Then, you can sleep soundly like a baby."

Rose looked at him with a frown.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm serious. You should try to do that.", Sphinx said as he checked his phone again.

"O..okay, oppa. I'll...try that.", she said before she excused herself.

Sphinx watched her until she got into the gym that was only next to her room. Then, he sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, Rose.", he muttered regarding the lie that he does not have sleeping pills. He actually have it but he cannot give it to her. He was worried that the pill could give side effect to her that will harm her body. Plus, he already had her to take Le Vainqueur drug more than the usual dose for the mission she did earlier that night. He did not want her body to give negative reaction just because some sleeping pills.