3

'Darling, what time are you coming home? If you have time, can you buy me some mangoes on the way home for me?'

Chaeyoung checked her message before she sent it to Jungkook. A smile crept upon her face as she waited for him to respond. She usually did not wait for his response but she wanted to wait for it tonight.

"I hope you come home early today, darling.", she said as she kissed her phone screen that had Jungkook's face as the wallpaper.

"It's 9.30 right now. I'll wait for your reply in 10 minutes. If not, I will call you.", she smiled at her phone screen as if she is talking face to face with Jungkook.

She was watching the TV while waiting for him when the doorbell rang. She thought it was Jungkook but she found two men instead which clearly none of them were her husband. Hearing the bell rang again, she turned on the speaker and spoke to the men while watching them through the CCTV monitor.

"Hello.", she greeted them.

"Hello. Is this Mrs Jeon?", one of them replied.

Chaeyoung admitted who she is to them and asked them who they are. Both of them looked at each other before the one that spoke to her showed a police badge to the camera. Chaeyoung nodded as she thought that they are Jungkook's friends from work.

She opened the gate for them and let them in as she waited at the front door.

"Hello, Mrs Jeon.", both of them said in unison with a little head bow.

"Hello, umm...is there something bad happened to Jungkook?", she asked them.

They looked at each other again before they looked at Chaeyoung's worried face back.

"Can I come in so we can talk in private?", the man that has been speaking with Chaeyoung earlier asked.

"Uh...sure. Please come in.", Chaeyoung was reluctant but she still let them in because they looked to have something important to talk about her husband.

She knew Jungkook is a police officer at Seoul Police Agency and he works in the Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) there. However, this would be the first time his colleagues came to their house and it made Chaeyoung worried all of a sudden. Is he in trouble? Is he in danger? She has to know.

"Do you guys want...", Chaeyoung stopped when she turned around to see only one of them followed her to the living room.

"Don't worry. My friend is just going to stay outside. I will be the only one talking to you here." , the man that followed her said when she tiptoed to see where was the other person at.

"Oh, okay then. Do you want a drink, Mr...", Chaeyoung did not know how to address him since she forgot to ask his name.

He nodded, "It's Koo. You can call me Mr Koo."

"Okay, Mr Koo. You may sit first, I'll get you a drink.", Chaeyoung said before she went to the kitchen leaving Mr Koo at the living room.

Mr Koo looked around the house and saw a dog sleeping in the dog house beside the TV. Then, he saw Chaeyoung's phone on the coffee table and he took it. He tapped on the screen and saw Jungkook's face before he grinned at it.