14

The file is put down on the table and closed right away before he looked at Sphinx with his conceited smirk.

"So, she's pregnant?", he asked.

Sphinx shook his head, "Was. She was pregnant."

Munchkin nodded.

"Remember that day she called for backup?", Sphinx asked.

"When she had a dream about her husband and still has period?", Munchkin asked back.

Sphinx nodded to him, "It wasn't period. She had miscarriage."

It was Munchkin's turn to nod to the elder. "She didn't have a bump. Do you think her husband knows it?", he asked.

Sphinx shook his head, "I guess not. If yes, wouldn't he be mad and go crazy to find her?"

Munchkin snapped his fingers. He smiled. "Bingo! He doesn't know. That's why he's relaxed but...Junhoe came to me last night telling me that there are guards guarding their house. He probably got confined there or something.", he said.

"So, what do we do next?", Sphinx asked.

"Hmm...we will carry on with the plan. I've told Junhoe to find a way to relay the message. I'm sure our enemy will get out and seek help from his friends. Plus, the next murder is the biggest one that will happen in this lovely country. I can't wait for us to get our first client.", Munchkin replied before giggling.

Junhoe bowed down to their boss, Munchkin as he reached the dining table.

"How did it go?", Munchkin asked while biting on the fruit salad in his mouth.

"It's done. I put the envelope in the box delivered to his house. I saw the guards taking him out before I came here.", Junhoe reported.

Munchkin nodded in satisfactory. "Good. Now, you may go. Thank you for relaying the message to him.", he said to the younger man.

💥💥💥

Everyone was quiet when they watched Jungkook walked in led by the guards into the discussion room. Jungkook bowed to Namjoon and put the letter he received in front of him before sitting next to him. Namjoon took the letter and read it again.

"Where did you find this letter from?", Namjoon asked.

"It was in the box delivered to me.", Jungkook answered.

"What box?", Jennie intervened.

Jungkook explained that there were groceries in the box that he bought online since he cannot leave his house.

"The delivery guy. Can we check the CCTV for that?", Jennie asked after that.

"Forget it. That guy wear a mask. Not much we can get about him even if we check the CCTV.", Jungkook sounded defeated as he spoke.

Yoongi made a disagreeing hum, "We can still try it. Maybe we can match him with any figure in our database."

"Gloss is right. We can try that.", Jisoo backed him.

Jungkook remained quiet and looked thoughtful about it. Taehyung knew that his friend's mind is messed up. He gave a pat on his back to assure him that everything will be alright.

"Do it then.", Jungkook said to them.

💥💥💥

Lisa was in the pantry watching Jungkook trying to get some sleep at the lounge area near the discussion room. Taehyung walked in and told her not to be too obvious of sympathising Jungkook. She shook her head at his cold demeanour that looked unnecessary to her.

"What?", he asked as he poured the cold water into the empty glass in his other hand.

"Please tell me you're affected by that news from J.", she said to him.

He nodded, "I am but we can't show that we're affected by that. We don't know the status of her pregnancy now."

"But we can predict, right? And I'm predicting she had miscarriage already. I mean...she can't be carrying a baby and fight and kill people without having complications.", Lisa responded while keeping her eyes on Jungkook.

"Yes, Lisa. I'm thinking the same about that but for now, that is not our biggest concern. As Master told us, our biggest concern right now is we have to figure out about that next murder. It can happen anytime soon so we have to work on it now.", Taehyung said before he drank in one go and washed the glass.

Then, he walked out from the pantry leaving Lisa alone.

"Men are so cold.", she muttered while looking at Taehyung's retreating figure.

💥💥💥

"I got it!", Yoongi clapped his hand in the air startling the others.

Taehyung rubbed his sleepy eyes before raising his hand up, "What did you get?"

Yoongi got up from his seat and asked Namjoon if he can use the projector which Namjoon nodded to. Then, he plugged the cable to his computer and showed the screen on the projector for their viewing. They saw several videos showing the front door of Jungkook's house.

"My device got a match for our delivery guy. He's the same man that came to Jungkook's house the night Chaeyoung went missing.", Yoongi told them.

"Okay, cool. So, his identity?", Jennie asked first.

"For that one, give me a little bit of time. The device is still searching through the database.", Yoongi answered.

"You guys found something?", all of them looked at the door that just opened.

They saw Jungkook looking freshened up than before when he arrived last night. Taehyung smiled seeing him not looking all gloomy anymore.

"You had a good sleep, Golden?", Lisa was the first to greet him that early morning.

Jungkook smiled a little before asking if he can join them. Then, Namjoon asked Yoongi to repeat what he had told them to Jungkook. The youngest man listened carefully without interrupting.

"How about the next murder?", he asked after Yoongi finished telling him about the delivery guy.

"We're still working on it now.", Namjoon replied.

"Can you let me in into this case, Master?", Jungkook asked.

"What?", Namjoon responded without showing that he is a bit shocked with Jungkook's question.

Jungkook looked at them all and sighed, "I want to investigate too. Let me find anything that can lead us to the next murder or find out who the enemy really is. I believe this has to do with my previous missions. Those who I have defeated might do this as a revenge. So, please let me help you guys in this case."

"Revenge?", Namjoon thought about it. "So, you accept it now that the murderer is Chaeyoung, right?", he asked Jungkook just to see how he will react to it.

The young man nodded, "That is the more important reason why I want in. If Chaeyoung, my wife really is the murderer, I want to be the one that seek the truth about it."

💥💥💥

Sorry for not updating sooner. Just got busier with work and other stuff. See you guys next time.