30

Hi, guys. Before you read further, I want to correct one thing here. In previous chapter, there's a part I wrote that Jungkook is a retired secret agent and police officer. I want to correct that, he now is retired secret agent but still works as a police officer in the Criminal Investigation Unit (CIU) department with Jimin. That's all, now you can go read this last chapter now..

💥💥💥

Chaeyoung was just done brushing her teeth and getting ready to sleep when her phone rang in the bedroom. She quickly grabbed it from the table beside the bed expecting it to be a call from Jungkook. He had told her in the morning before he went for work that he will be late tonight as his team has a stakeout to do.

She was waiting for him to come home and fell asleep after putting Yongguk to sleep an hour ago. When she looked at the caller ID, she smiled as she saw Jungkook's name on it.

"Jungkook, are you on your way home?", she asked right after she answered his call.

"Is this Mrs Jeon Chaeyoung speaking?", she frowned as she heard an unfamiliar voice talking to her.

She looked at her phone screen back and confirmed that it was Jungkook's number shown on it.

"Mrs Jeon?"

Slowly, she put her phone back to her ear.

"Who am I speaking to? Is my husband okay? Why do you have my husband's phone?", she asked at once.

The person on the other hand giggled at her, "Relax. He's here."

Then, her phone made a sound of message received. She took a look at it and found a photo sent from Jungkook's phone. Her eyes widened at the photo she saw.

"What did you do to him?! Who are you?!", Chaeyoung asked as she tried to hold her tears after seeing Jungkook's face filled with blood while his mouth and eyes were covered with a piece of black cloth.

The man laughed again, "Relax...I'll tell you the location but..."

"But what?"

"You must come alone. No police, no backup from anyone. Just you.", the man said to her.

She felt weird.

"What do you want from me?", she asked as she knew now that whoever that was keeping her husband hostage used him as a bait. She could feel that way when the man gave her that kind of demand to her.

"It's your husband that we want, not you.", the man replied.

She was sure that he was lying but she chose to play along with him.

"Fine but I still think you need something from me. There's no way you will tell me the right location without asking me for ransom or something. Tell me what you exactly want.", she spoke to the man confidently, trying to conceal  her fear of seeing Jungkook with blood in real life.

"Hm, you're good. I do need something from you.", the man replied.

"What is it?", she asked eagerly, not wanting to waste time talking with him.