20

Jungkook might have been late for his first date with Chaeyoung but he never thought she will wait for him at the restaurant. He was an hour late as he had a trouble to finish his mission before that. Luckily he managed to buy her some chocolates which is her favourite to say sorry for his lateness.

"Jungkook-ssi, why...are you just looking at me? Your food hasn't been touched.", Chaeyoung pointed to his plate.

He shifted his eyes from her face to his plate.

"Sorry. I was...just wondering.", he said as he started to eat.

"Wondering? About what?", Chaeyoung asked him.

"I just..can't believe you're still here. I thought you already left, Chaeyoung-ssi.", he told her.

Chaeyoung smiled, "Well, I thought you stood me up. I was going to finish all these by myself."

They both laughed at her words.

"You can't be eating all these by yourself. They're too much for you, don't you think?", he asked while eating.

"Well, maybe that's why I keep waiting for you.", Chaeyoung replied.

Jungkook smiled warmly, "Thank you for staying."

Chaeyoung shook her head, "No biggie. I wasn't busy at all so I can wait...even until the closing time."

Jungkook had no response to her as he fell more in love with her calm personality.

"Is that your new hair?", Chaeyoung changed the topic.

"What?", Jungkook was not focusing on her as usual.

Chaeyoung chuckled at his reaction. She pointed at his newly colored hair. Then, moved her pointing finger to his eyes.

"New hair colour and new glasses?", she repeated her question.

Jungkook slowly nodded as he realized what she was asking him about.

"Yeah, new hair colour and these glasses...not really new but I rarely wear it. Only in a few occasions.", he fixed the rounded glasses as he tried to convince her that his different style tonight was nothing out of ordinary. He actually had that new hair colour and wore his glasses for the mission he finished before he came for the date.

"Occasions like this?", Chaeyoung asked.

"Occasions like this?", he repeated as he did not really understand what she meant.

She replied, "Occasions like this. A date."

Jungkook slowly nodded, "Yeah, occasions like this. My first date."

He might have said his last sentence in a lower voice but Chaeyoung totally caught it.

"First date?", she asked, interested to know more details about this date being his first one.

He nodded genuinely.

"This is your first date?", Chaeyoung asked him, not convinced enough with his nod.

He nodded again as he munched his food.

"Do you mean you never date anyone before?", Chaeyoung asked him for more details.