11

A sigh of relief escaped Jungkook's lips as he closed the door quietly in the dark. He did not want to wake Chaeyoung up from her sleep. He knew she always waited for him to come home and always fell asleep on the sofa at the living room.

However, tonight he came home very late than usual. It has past 2 AM when he checked his watch before he entered the house. She would be angry if she found out the time he arrived home. So, he made sure his steps were slow and silent towards her before carrying her upstairs.

Everything was fine until he heard the barking sound from the dog house beside the sofa. He looked at Hank and tried to shush it from making noise in the middle of the night. However, Chaeyoung woke up at the noise with rubbing her sleepy eyes before she saw Jungkook in front of her.

"Darling?", she called before Hank went silent.

Jungkook looked at her face and greeted her, "Hi...baby." His face was full of worry of her next sentence.

"What time is it now?", she asked while lifting Jungkook's arm and looked at the time on his watch. "2.05?! Jungkook, you just arrived at this hour?", he bit his bottom lip in fear of Chaeyoung getting angry with him. "Jungkook, tell me!", Chaeyoung added before pulling him by the collar of his jacket.

He was startled at her strength while she was sniffing his smell.

"No alcohol.", she muttered.

Jungkook moved back a little and smiled. However, he got a hit on his shoulder instead.

"Oww! What's that for?", he rubbed his shoulder as Chaeyoung glared at him.

"I smell women's perfume.", she answered him while crossing her arms in anger. "Where were you from, Jungkook?", she asked him.

He nodded before explaining, "We went for a stakeout at a nightclub, Chae. I caught two women hiding from us at the bar. One of them was fighting with me so I had to hold her down in my arms while waiting for my colleague to give me a handcuff. Maybe that's how her perfume scent could stuck on me."

Chaeyoung kept staring at her husband and eventually standing up to leave him alone.

"Chae? Baby?", he called her but she ignored him as she walked upstairs to their bedroom. "Great. I'm doomed. Again.", he stated after Chaeyoung was gone from his sight.

It was the second time she ignored him after he came home late from work. Before this, he managed to comfort her with food. But this time, she seemed to not care about the food he got for her during breakfast and lunch. She has not spoken to him much too even though he took the day off to comfort her.

It was only at dinner, he was able to get her smiling at him again. He prepared a special candlelight dinner at home thanks to Jimin's suggestion. He even added some props that he knew she will love.

"Baby, come here. You should eat more.", he called when Chaeyoung left the round table and started to pick up the roses that he put around the table.