23

Jungkook jumped out of the car as soon as he arrived at the restaurant. He did not thank Taehyung for dropping him off there as he was late. He was half an hour late for an important night with Chaeyoung.

When he stepped inside, he looked at the table at one corner which used to be the place where he had his first date with her a year ago. She was sitting with her back facing him so he was relieved to see that she was still waiting for him. Just like a year ago, she waited for him.

"God, please help me.", he prayed before he started to walk towards the table.

He had planned to make the night special as he will propose to her but now he did not know whether the plan will still work or not. He planned to bring her there for the dinner but she had to come by herself at the end after he said he might cannot make it. She was still looking forward for the dinner since he had made a reservation. She did not want him to cancel it, all his money paid for it will go to waste.

As he walked to her, he felt guilty towards her. He was late for their first date and he was late again tonight. She was always the understanding girlfriend who did not know exactly what he does for work. She always said okay whenever he had to cancel their plan but she insisted for this one to still happening.

"Hey..", Chaeyoung greeted him first as she turned around and saw him.

"Hey, Chaeyoung.", he replied while trying to form a smile at her.

She got up from her chair and Jungkook pecked her lips.

"Sorry I keep you waiting. Again.", he said.

Chaeyoung smiled, "It's okay, darling."

They both took their seats and started eating since the food has been prepared before he came.

"You seem to not like what you're eating.", Chaeyoung said as she watched how slow Jungkook feed himself the beef ribs from his plate.

He was shocked to hear her words.

"What? No, I like it. I just.."

"You just..what? Distracted?", she asked him as he could not finish his words.

He shook his head.

"No, I just-"

This time, he stopped as he was interrupted by a group of three people that entered the restaurant with musical instruments approaching their table. At first, he looked at them with a frown but then he realized who they are. He hired them to surprise Chaeyoung with a romantic song performance.

While they were performing an acoustic of Slow Dance in front of his and Chaeyoung's table, he eyed Chaeyoung who had a questionable look on her face.

As the lyrics goes...

If you stay for this minute
Girl, I'll never let you down
We ain't off the limit
I could hold you after now

Chaeyoung smiled at him and tried to speak with him, "What's this for, Jungkook?"

He smiled back before he extended his hand to her, "Dance with me?"

She chuckled as the band stopped for a while. They looked at her with anticipation. Jungkook stood up with his hand still extended to her.

"Please, my lady.", he said with a smile.

Chaeyoung nodded as she got up from her chair too and took his hand.