12

After a long hours of practice combating at the underground floor, Rose took a break and decided to get a snack from the vending machine upstairs. She used the stairs instead of the elevator as it was closer to the vending machine. When she got there, she chose an energy bar and a banana milk.

While waiting, she heard indistinct chatter from the other side of the hallway which came from lounge where Poodle usually hangs out at. She was not trying to eavesdrop on the conversation she heard but she felt curious of it. Especially when she heard Poodle talking with Sphinx about the night she came back hurt from her mission few days ago.

"I know you're unhappy with how I treated you these days. After Rose came back hurt that night."

"It's fine. I know you're just stressed out, hyung."

The conversation seemed serious and Rose was intrigued to listen to it. She walked quietly closer to them but remained hidden near the wall at the hallway. She did not want to bother them having dinner.

"That night she was brought here I asked where she felt pain. She said she's hurt everywhere, hyung. I wondered what that means.", Poodle said to the elder.

"It's because of the drug.", Sphinx replied.

"What do you mean?", Poodle asked him for more information.

"The drug wasn't strong enough. It supposed to eliminate all the feelings of pain from the injury she had from fighting but the effect of the drug worn out that night. But, you don't have to worry anymore. From today's practice, it seems she's gained her strength again and the drug is enhanced now. She will not feel pain anymore.", Sphinx explained to the younger one as he took a sip from his glass.

Poodle asked another question, "Ah, I'm just...wondering. Does it mean that when she fights and receives hit from others, she doesn't feel the pain but she has the injury?"

"Yes, she'll get injured but she will not feel it. Stop worrying, Poodle. I know the drug is better this time.", he said before continuing to eat.

"Okay.", Poodle replied as he too, continuing to eat.

Poodle and Munchkin stood up after almost half an hour sitting down in front of the tombstone that was only marked with a big stone engraved with initial, L.S.H.

Rose who was standing behind them tilted her head in respect to the unknown tombstone before following Poodle and Munchkin walking away from there. Munchkin was leading them as they walked side by side to the black van back. While on their way, Rose asked Poodle about the tombstone they just visited.

"Our fellow brother, Grey.", Poodle said with a gloomy face.

"Grey?", Rose asked as she never heard of the name before.

"Greyhound was his alias but he changed it because it's too long.", Poodle told her as they reached the black van.

Rose looked at the two brothers and said, "Are you guys using animal's breed as alias for fun or..."

"It's our pets' breeds, Rose. We used to have cats and dogs when we were teenagers.", Munchkin cut her off before asking both of them to get inside the van.

Rose could see how dark Munchkin's expression was when talking about the brother they lost. She knew it must be sensitive for him to talk about it even though she wanted to know more about Grey.

"Oppa, I'm sorry if I'm being insensitive.", she apologized.

Munchkin kept quiet while Poodle looked at Rose and told her quietly that it was fine. She nodded at him and remained quiet for the rest of the journey back to the warehouse. There were a lot in her mind at the moment but she chose to stay silent first as she knew it was not the right time to talk with them about what is bothering her.

💥💥💥

Jungkook opened the door for his mother-in-law who was leaving that afternoon. He wanted to have lunch with her but she refused as she said she needed to go to somewhere else before going back to her house in the evening. He let her go and sighed once he saw the taxi that fetched her drove away from his house.

"I'm doomed. I need to find Chae quickly.", he said as he felt a bit relief that his mother-in-law did not stay longer there.

Just when he was going back to the living room, the door is knocked from outside.

"Who is this now?", he muttered before going to open the door.

"Hey, Kook.", he looked at the two person in front of his door and realized why the agents that guarded his house were not around that day. "We told them we're coming and they left for breakfast. Didn't know you had another visitor in the morning.", Taehyung added as he knew why Jungkook eyed outside as if he was searching for someone.

"Can we get in, Golden?", Jennie who was quiet spoke up to Jungkook.

The younger man nodded and allowed them to enter his house.

"Can't believe we had to wait for hours to get here.", she commented as she sat down on the sofa and looked around the house.

"I'm sorry I didn't even know my mother-in-law was visiting. Anyway, you guys want to drink anything?", Jungkook asked them.

After he got them tea and sliced mango, he looked at them eating and drinking like they never eaten for a long time.

"Sorry, we should get breakfast but we wanted to see you and unexpectedly had to wait in the car until your mother-in-law left.", Taehyung said in between chewing the mango slice in his mouth.

Jungkook shook his head, "It's fine. Why are you two here anyway?"

Jennie nodded as she finished her tea, "I wanted to ask you a few questions."

Jungkook eyed Taehyung for a second. "What kind of question?", he asked as he felt like he is going to be interrogated.

"Just things about your work. Past missions.", Jennie answered.

"Mhmm, you can ask V. He was my partner.", Jungkook replied while pointing at Taehyung beside Jennie.

Jennje nodded, "That's right but I want to know from you. Not him."

Jungkook stayed quiet for a while before nodding, "Ask away. I'll be cooperating with whatever you want to know from me."