15

It was 2 in the morning when Rose went out of her room after she could not sleep that night. Her mind was occupied with conversation that Poodle and Sphinx had yesterday. She kept thinking of it until she cannot close her eyes to sleep.

She went to the vending machine to have some snack and saw Poodle at the machine. Both of them looked at each other before Poodle let her use the machine. He watched her as he teared open his dark chocolate.

"Can't sleep, Rose?", he asked.

She smiled while shaking her head.

"You should sleep. You have big mission tomorrow, remember?", Poodle said as he leaned beside the vending machine.

Rose nodded as she took the chips she chose from the machine.

"Why can't you sleep? Is there something bothering your mind?", Poodle asked in concern.

Rose walked back to her room followed by Poodle. As they walked, they had a little conversation.

"Oppa, if I ask you something...will you scold me?", she started.

Poodle frowned, "What is it? You haven't asked, how do I know how I will react to your question?" He smiled before adding, "Just ask me, Rose. I'm hardly a moody person. I won't scold you. Not like hyung." He lowered his voice at the end of his words which made Rose smiled.

She knew who he meant. Munchkin.

"Is he always moody like that?", she asked.

Poodle chuckled, "Only when things don't go like he wanted."

"Example?", Rose asked while eating her chips.

"Example...when you got injured which supposed to not happen.", Poodle said as he chewed his chocolate bar.

"Why is it not supposed to happen?", Rose wondered.

Poodle thought for a while before giving giving answer, "Because...you know the medicine he has been giving you to take?"

Rose nodded.

"That medicine supposed to keep you away from getting injured. But it wasn't good enough at that time so he got mad. But, don't worry about it now. It is excellent and you are going to be fine in the next mission.", Poodle patted her shoulder to assure her everything is alright now.

"Oppa?"

"Yes."

"Why...do I have to take the med? Is my life going to depend on it forever?", Rose asked.

Poodle was not sure how to explain it but he responded with a laugh to lessen the tension because of her question.

"Rose, don't worry about it. You will not depend on it forever. Even if you have to, it's for your own good. Trust me.", Poodle said with a smile.

"How about the side effect? Does it have..."

"Rose, Poodle...what are you guys doing out here?", Sphinx's voice was heard coming from the direction of the lab.