💥a present💥

This is a special chapter for you :)

Two days before Christmas...

"I hope we can finish this quick tomorrow."

"Me too. That old man is so annoying."

"Hmph! I thought the same, Chae. How dare he touched your hand and almost kiss it?"

"Right? Luckily I pulled my hand quick. If not-"

Their conversation was interrupted by the ringing of Chaeyoung's phone on the table.

"Let me-", Jungkook paused as he took the phone which was closer to him. "It's mom.", he handed her the phone.

Chaeyoung widened her eyes, "Video call? This is rare."

"Did you tell her already we couldn't come for Christmas?", Jungkook asked as the phone kept ringing on Chaeyoung's palm.

She nodded, "I've called her three days ago before we went for the mission."

"Then, what could this be?", Jungkook thought.

"Mmm...maybe she's just checking up on me.", Chaeyoung said.

Since she joined KRU and Jungkook got reinstated as KRU agent two years ago, both of them always think carefully before they talk with her parents. The fact that they have to keep their career hidden made them being careful with people that are close to them especially their families.

"Maybe she misses you.", Jungkook said.

"Mhm, we only spoke to each other on the phone. Maybe she wanted to see me, that's all.", Chaeyoung replied before she answered the call.

"Mommy!!!", the voice of their son surprised them.

Both of their eyes enlarged at the view of Yongguk with the background of the living room of his grandparents' house. They were shocked that they could not say anything until Chaeyoung's mother showed her face on the camera. Then, her father showed up sitting on Yongguk's right side.

"Yah, what's wrong with you two? Your son is saying hi to you..", Chaeyoung's mother said while pointing at their faces.

Both of them blinked and cleared their throats before greeting Yongguk back.

"Hmm...only Gukkie?", Chaeyoung's father faked a pout.