8

For the second time, Sphinx looked at the result on the computer screen with displeasure on his face. The checkup that was done on Rose did not turn out perfect for him. He ran a quick diagnosis on her system but one of the red lines being higher than green ones concerned him.

"Oppa, what did you get? Am I alright?", Rose asked as she walked out of the examination room after being diagnosed in there.

Sphinx formed a smile before he looked up to Rose. He saw that she was looking at the result on the screen too. She seemed to be quiet as she looked at the four sets of diagrams on the computer screen.

"All good. Just...your brain function..."

"What is it? What's wrong with my brain, oppa?", Rose got panic while Sphinx chuckled at her for reacting with putting her hands on the left and right of her head. "Oppa, I'm scared. Am I going crazy?", she asked him.

He shook his head. "It's not like that. It's just because of the dream. That dream had triggered your brain to put a false memory in your head. But, fret not. I'll fix this up. For the meantime, take these and be ready for the mission tonight.", he said as he took a grey bottle of pills and gave two capsules of the pills to Rose.

"I'll be fine with these?", Rose asked as she took the pills but let them stay in her palm for a while.

Sphinx nodded, "For the moment, this will be sufficient for you. I will give you better meds after you come back from the mission."

Rose nodded a few times before bringing the pills to her mouth and swallowed them without hesitation. Then, she excused herself to practice combating for the last time before the second mission and Sphinx watched her until she was out of his sight.

Once she was gone, he looked back at the diagrams and sighed.

"Where did I go wrong?", he muttered as he fixed his rounded spectacles to get serious with the issue involving Rose and the drug he gave her.

It had been four hours since he studied the drug again and again in his personal laboratory. He sighed as he could not find where exactly he has to fix the problem with the drug he created. He needed to find the solution as soon as possible before Rose's condition worsens and Munchkin finds out about the problem.

He sighed as he checked the data on his computers. "What is wrong with you, Le Vainqueur?", he said as he stared at the name of the drug shown on the screen of the computer.

"Hyung, I just got an info that Rose called for backup to get her out. Do you know if anything is wrong with her?", Munchkin barged in and asked right away.

"She called for backup?", Sphinx asked back in shock.

He looked at Munchkin beside him before he shifted his eyes when Munchkin glared at him.

"These are the data on the drug. Why are you looking at these, hyung?", Munchkin asked as he pointed to the computer in front of him.

"I...I just...need to check something.", Sphinx answered.

"Hyung, don't make me go angry. Tell me what's wrong with the drug and what's wrong with Rose. I'm sure they are related.", Munchkin made a guess.

Sphinx tried to look into Munchkin's eyes before revealing, "I suspect the drug isn't strong enough. Rose has had a dream about her husband and...she still has monthly blood flow."

Munchkin's eyebrows knitted at the information he heard from Sphinx.

"But you don't have to worry. She didn't remember him. She said the dream was inaudible and that the man she saw..."

"Fix this problem, hyung! As soon as possible.", Munchkin cut him off before he left the laboratory while cursing at the bad news about the drug.

"Was a stranger..", Sphinx finished his words slowly before he turned to look at the computers back.

💥💥💥

"Chaeyoung...", Jungkook said as he watched her being shot on her arm after she jumped off from the high hotel building.

Lisa paused the video after a black van took her away from there.

"Our agents are currently at the crime scene investigating there.", she informed him as she took a glance at her phone.

"V?", Jungkook asked.

Lisa nodded to him, "And J."

"J?", he asked as he never heard of an agent with that codename before.

"She's from France. Came back after working undercover there.", Lisa told him as he played the video again.

"I never heard of her.", Jungkook replied as he watched the video again in a slower mode.

"She's been working in France for 3 years. She was the best before you came here.", Lisa's words made Jungkook paused the video again.

He turned to Lisa and asked how best the agent with the codename J is.

"Don't feel threatened, Jungkook. She left not because you replaced her as the best agent here. She has her own issues.", Lisa said as she continued to play the video which they managed to get from the CCTV of the building next to the hotel.

"Did you see how high she jumped from, Kook?", Lisa said as she pointed to the video that was showing Chaeyoung in her all black outfit jumped from the window of the hotel room.

He nodded as he focused on the video, "Much higher than I did."

"What?"

"My last mission. I jumped from a hotel too."

"Oh, right."

"But this is higher. How can she be able to stand without having problem there?", he put his hand under his chin as he tried to think how Chaeyoung managed to jump flawlessly from that 14th floor of the hotel.

Lisa was thinking the same before her phone vibrated and she showed the caller ID to Jungkook. He nodded letting her answer it seeing that it is Taehyung that called and not other agents who might be tracking their location at the moment.

"Yes, V?", she said as she answered the call.

Her eyes went wider for a second as Jungkook watched the video again.

"Okay, I will go back to the HQ soon.", Lisa said before she ended the call with Taehyung.

"What is it?", Jungkook asked as he kept his eyes on the laptop in front of him. "Got a new lead on this case?", he said as he turned to face Lisa back.

"They collected her blood from the scene.", Lisa revealed to Jungkook.

He shook his head and sighed, "They will run the blood test and find it matches her..."

Lisa got up from her seat and pulled put her USB flash drive from the laptop.

"I have to go, Kook. I'll be needed in the meeting.", she said as she stepped to the front door.

"I'll go with you.", Jungkook said as he stood up and looked at Lisa who turned to him with silence.

💥💥💥

Hi, guys! Sorry for not updating for a while but I'm back and I'm looking forward for you guys to read it. 😊 See you guys next time! Take care and stay safe, guys!