Miss Sassy

Are my ears deceiving me ? Did she just say she missed me ? Not only did I barely know this girl but also I had given her quite a earful few minutes ago. She was suppose to retaliate back , make excuses , plead her case. But she is not doing either of those things. Instead she tells me she missed me. Twinkle is insane .Correction gorgeously insane. She wore denim jeans and a full sleeved black polo neck t shirt with a silver chain dangling around her neck. She was dressed in a rather sweet and simple manner but there was something else that made her presence enthralling. She started walking towards me lifting her arms. Is she gonna hug me ?

Should I hug her back ? Why would she hug me ? Is she crazy ? Hey I’m the one talking to myself so does that mean I am going crazy ? My imbroglio came to an end when she walked past me and hugged someone standing behind me.

“Nialler  !! It’s been so long. I have missed you so much”, she yelped in delight. I turned behind to see an ecstatic Niall tightly hugging Twinkle. “Zayn mate”, Liam said pointing towards my hands .They were half raised as if ready to hug Twinkle. AWKWARD. Liam smiled sheepishly and I immediately put my hands down.

So Niall knows the babysitter? The expression on the faces of all the boys made it seem like the same question was running through their minds .Once they released each other Niall looked towards us. “Guys meet my cousin sister Allana Francis.”

“Cousin sister ? Lux’s babysitter is your cousin sister. Niall did you know that prior to her arrival here ?” Harry questioned .

“Babysitter ?” Niall seemed perplexed. Twinkle on the other hand gave a warm smile and said “I am not Lux’s babysitter. Infact I came here searching for Niall. He had told me that he would be in the lounge area but before I could utter a word Mr Timewatch here she pointed towards me issued me orders. Lux is such a sweetheart I couldn’t bear to see her tears so I decided to help.”

“Am I missing something ?” Niall asked Twinkle I mean Allana. He seemed thoroughly confused. “Just a slight misunderstanding Niall but I m glad I got to see a very different side of One Direction because of it. A  rather interesting first interaction with each one.” She said eyeing towards me. For some unknown reason I suddenly felt hot around the collar. “Anyway it’s a pleasure to meet you guys” ,she said shaking everyone’s hands except mine. Well I deserved it. The boys murmured their greetings to her while shooting daggers towards me.

“I knew it. You boys are impossible .What did I tell you guys ? I thought we were clear on the instructions.”Alexis half shrieked entering the room. “I am telling you boys you all are going to be the solemn cause for my premature ageing. We just have 45 minutes hurry up now”, she yelled.

“What’s got your knickers in a twist “,Louis mocked. “Tomlinson I don’t have  time for your shenanigans .Move it.” Alexis eyed us warily. So now we are on surname basis. We better hurry or this could get lethal.

“What about Lux ? Harry said.

“I will be here by her side if that is fine with her uncle’s ”,Allana said .

“That would be great help.Thank you Teasdale is going to assassinate the original babysitter that is if she ever arrives”, Liam said “Lads we need to be ready on time.Let’s get going.”

We started moving when Harry caught my arm and whispered in my ear , “Mate you should apologize to Allana.” I nodded as I made my way towards her. She was standing near the couch looking at Lux.

How do I apologize to her  ? I wondered. Probably I should say Hey Allana I apologise for being stupid and jumping to conclusions. Quite a start that would  be. I didn’t realize it but she was looking at me .Those eyes. Twinkling  eyes. “Allana I started I just wana say that I am…

She interrupted me , “Punctuality at work is important Zayn .If you procrastinate getting ready for your appearance, your tardiness might put others in trouble”. She grinned.

Aha!! Giving me a taste of my own  medicine. She IS good. “Listen I told her I really am so…”. Again she butted in , “Its okay honestly .Its weird though Zayn you are the only member of the band known for chronic lateness and you  lectured me on punctuality. Interesting.”We both shared a laugh .I felt the air clear between us. There was no need for any apology.

“I should get going .It was  nice meeting you Allana “,I said taking her hand. She gave me a coy smile which made me smirk. As I walked out of the  room I thought that the apt adjective to describe her would be ‘Sassy’.

Author's note

So finally Allana has arrived.I hope those of you reading the story are enjoying. Lemme know your views.xoxo