Brain-Drain

Dedicated to ZayuriJ

ZAYN'S POV

"Sunshine how are you feeling now ?" My mother's voice is laced with concern on the other end of the phone.

" I am good mum. I feel better now." I say hoping to ease her worry.

" I spoke to Louis yesterday , felt reassured knowing you are in good care . The news on the internet was giving me anxiety." She sighs.

" The boys are the best nannies ever but even they cannot whip the up my favorite chicken soup you make when I am ill." I pout. I am such a baby.

" My little baby I miss you." My mum says.

" Me too. How are Safaa and Waliya doing ?" I ask her. I have been extremely busy touring and have barely interacted with my sisters.

"Waliya is on a school trip to Sheffield for two days and Safaa is sulking alone at home after Per-." She stops mid-sentence and pauses before saying , "When are you leaving for Europe Zayn ?"

" Were you about to mention Perrie ?" I ask her slightly irritated.

The mere mention of her name aggravates me.

" Sunshine , listen to me calmly . You know Safaa has always adored Perrie and she was quite upset when she found out that both of you had broken up. Yesterday Perrie was in town and she requested me if she could spend time with Safaa , I couldn't deny Safaa and they were hanging out for a while. She even bought Safaa some new toys ." Mum explains.

" I'd rather Safaa hang out with friends her age than my ex-girl friend mum. I'll have a word with Saf and I would really appreciat if my family keeps away from Perrie. She is not worth it and I am so sure she has a motive behind spending time with Saf." I tell my mother trying hard to not raise my voice.

"Honey , relax I will speak to Safaa. You just take care of your health and don't hassle yourself." She says unsuccessfully trying to calm me down.

" I have to go. I'll call you later . Love you mum."

" Love you too sunshine." She says and the call disconnects.

Perrie Edwards , the name which sent my heartbeat out of control a few months ago makes me feel like gagging right now. Knowing her , there has to be a very strong reason for her to spend quality time with my sister. I need to find out soon about her putrid intentions .... I will not allow her to involve my family in her dirty little games.

I was too caught up in my thoughts to notice the door opening and Allana walking in the room.

" Zayn , are you alright ?" She says snapping her fingers in front of my face.

" Yeah , I feel tired .The medicine is making me lazy I guess ." I lie and she frowns.

" You are bad liar Bambi , I know something is bothering you but you can share it me with whenever you feel like." She says scrutinizing me.

She knows me far too well to not encroach my personal space until I decide to let her in. Allana and Perrie are contrast with each other in terms of their nature and personality. Allana cares for me in the true sense without expecting anything in return and Perrie , well Perrie never cared for Zayn atleast. She was more interested in the media attention her 'relationship' with Zayn Malik brought her.

Allan sits besides me on the bed taking my hand in her own.

" You should get out of the room . Chill with lads or do something productive." She says.