Love=Publicity Part 2

Mentally cursing myself for leaving her alone I scanned the mass of crowd hoping to catch a glimpse of Perrie. I caught Niall’s eye who was dancing on the floor with a brunette. He waved and I returned his gesture. Everyone must have arrived at the club I guessed. Turning  back my attention on finding Perrie I contemplated on getting out and calling her, when a blonde dancing  in a sky blue outfit caught my eye. She was in high spirits .

It was Perrie. She was so engrossed in grinding to the music it seemed like she had not sprained her foot at all. No sign of pain was visible on her visage.

I caught her arm and turned her towards me. “Perrie your foot was sprained. How did you recover in few minutes ?”.

“The need for recovery would arise if I had actually hurt myself baby.”She winked at me. I was completely confused.

“Care to elaborate.” I said in a cold voice.

“Zayn whatever happened outside was just a charade for the paparazzi. A little publicity never hurts anyone.” Her statement caught me off guard.

“Publicity I barked out what the hell are you talking about Perrie?” I was screaming   mainly due to the loud music and also due to the rising anger in my chest.She didn’t seem interested  in entertaining my questions. I pulled her in a corner. My hold on her arm was rough.

“Leave me she said you are hurting me.”

“Hurting and what are you doing ? Publicity ? What is that suppose to mean?  Perrie I was genuinely worried for you.”

“C’mon Zayn don’t be such a sentimental freak. You know my new single is going to be releasing in four days. The whole stunt I pulled off was decided by my publicist. I need to be in news and you honey are the easiest way for me to garner attention.”

I was flabbergasted at Perrie’s choice of words. Every word she uttered made me feel like a puppet she was using as per her will.

“Perrie we love each other. I don’t think there is need for any such façade.”

“Love ? You are talking to me about love.” She jabbed a finger at my chest. We are 22   Zayn. The only thing I love in this world right now is my career and I want to climb the ladder of success. If I take your help what is wrong in that?”

“Taking my help and using me are two varied concepts. What has gotten into you Perrie ?”

“You are being incomprehensible. What is the point of having a world famous boyfriend when he is not useful in getting me what I want? The only reason I decided to come out with you and those buffon friends of yours tonight was only to get space in the tabloids.”  I felt like she was  spitting venom out of her mouth.

“You don’t love me but you need me for publicity Perrie.”I said quietly. It was more of a statement than a question.

She shot me a look of contempt. I could not believe that My Perrie could be so malicious. I began to wonder   if I had ever actually known the real her.

“We are over Perrie. Although something needs to exist before it can end. Don’t you worry though I will make sure you get the publicity you want. I will fulfill your unrequited desire which made you chose me in the first place.”

She opened her mouth to say something but seemed at a loss of words. With a last look  she turned swaying her hips and disappeared amongst the crowd.

‘Forever does not exist and neither do me and Perrie Edwards anymore ‘.I pressed the tweet button .It would be a matter of seconds before the internet would be buzzing regarding Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards breakup. This was news which would not die soon. This is what she wanted. This is what she would get. She needed me I didn’t need her.I had to be stronger  than all this. My brain and my heart were pursuing different paths.

The girl I loved  had made me feel so obnoxious. I walked and got out of the back door of the club which lead me to a dark alleyway. The only source of light was the crescent moon and a streetlight lit in the corner. Perrie’s words kept haunting my head. I was suppose to feel hurt but all I felt numbness encompassing my body. I slumped against the wall for support. The air seemed to be sucked out of my lungs.

As if on cue somebody placed a warm hand against my cold cheek and whispered softly in my ear ,“Breathe.”

Author's note

This is my favorite chapter till now.lemme know which one do you like.Happy Reading !!!!