Sunset To Sunrise II

Dedicated to pritiruia

Author's note

This is by far the longest chapter I have written. I  hope you enjoy reading it.

I grew up with one statement firmly planted in my head. 'Mum's the world'. For every child their mother is a friend , a savior , a support system. Out of all the relationships in the world the relation between  a mother and her child is nine months longer and that is why it is the strongest and sacred bond shared. The thought of my life without my mother's existence in it is morbid. It petrifies me and here I am with this girl in my arms who has lost the most precious person in her life. An individual who is irreplaceable. Even if I try I will not be able share Allana's grief. Her loss cannot be compensated by meager words of encouragement and sympathy.

My phone vibrates in the pocket of my jacket and startles Allana. I ignore the phone call, standing  up to offer her my hand and she gets up from the ground. Her tears have dried but she appears to be rather pale. Glancing around I notice that its pitch black and it wouldn't be wise of us to stay here anymore. It is a cemetery for God's sake not only is it scary but also unsafe.

"Baby I think we should leave.", I tell her politely. She nods her head and we start moving towards the car. I take her hand in mine   intertwining  our fingers. She holds it tightly and a sense of relief rushes through my chest. As we get into the car no words are exchanged between me and her.I certainly do not want to pry about her mother's death since it's a highly sensitive topic unless she wants to talk about it. Venting out your feelings is healthy. Says the man who is a closed locker himself my conscience mocks me. The atmosphere in the car is tensed. I have no idea how to start a conversation with her but my need to break the silence is urgent. On a normal day I would be happy being the patient listener and she being the voracious speaker. But today was far off from normal.

" I do not want to go back to Tristan's house tonight. Can I please  be with you ?" She looks at me expectantly. I am relieved that she does not to go back to Tristan because there was no way I would be leaving her side knowing how fragile she is at the moment. "Sure baby. I want to show you something so I am taking you there .Is that okay ? I ask her . Her lips which have been pressed in a hard line for the past few hours curve into a small smile and she nods her head.

I turn on the radio at a low volume. She will be loved by Bruno Mars starts playing and Allana places her head against the window closing her eyes. I hum softly to the song and drive to my safety haven.

After driving for nearly an hour I stop my car outside a small wooden cabin situated opposite a lake. "Baby we are here." , I say gently shake Allana by her shoulder. She rubs her eyes and looks at me. "Where are we ?" she asks."Step out of the car and you will see." I reply her with a smile.

She lets out a small gasp from her mouth when she glances around the surrounding taking in the magnificent view. I had driven almost halfway across Bradford to share my safety haven with her. Years ago resting in the arms of nature my grandfather had purchased a small  wooden cabin besides the beautiful Riveira lake decorated with greenery all over. Although it was midnight  it looked as enchanting as it did during the day. The sound of water  rushing in the lake , soft breeze blowing across our face and the silver light being cast my moon added to its glory.

During summer Grandpa would bring us here for fishing and spending time away from the absurd city life as he termed it. The most pleasant moments of my life have been spent here and oddly my heart feels at ease being back. Memories of my childhood play in my head and unknowingly a tear sheds from my eye remembering my grandfather. "It beautiful ." , Allana coos. 

The colour seems to be coming back to her cheeks and her eyes are not as dim like earlier. " I use to come here with my grandfather.",I tell her taking her hands in mine again. "But I haven't been here since a long time."