47

AN: this isn't completely the end yet. I was almost done but decided to add in a few extra chapters. so this is a double update and THEN I'll post the end. sorry I keep saying I'm going to post the ending... it's hard to end this lmao... makes me sad :(

but please enjoy this double update. the very, very end will be coming to you soon I hope? so yeah... she's not done yet people!!

I love you soooooo much <3

p.s. - grab some tissues maybe?

●●●●●

Harry's P.O.V

Five Days Ago

I juggle two coffees in my hand as I open the door to Aurora's flower shop, the usual sweet aroma of flowers washing over me the second I step through the magical threshold. My eyes immediately search for my Sleeping Beauty as a soft smile graces my lips, already playing my apology over and over again in my head for my change of demeanor this morning.

Liam meets my eyes and he waves me over to him, not a single trace of a smile lingering on his lips, "She's not here right now. I told her to take a nap but she decided to go for a walk instead."

"Oh," my smile falters and I look down at the coffees in my hand. "Maybe I should wait for her."

"Yeah, I don't think you should," he hums.

Confusion washes over me and I look back up to meet his eyes, "Why not?"

"I think you need to end things with her, Harry."

"W-what?" I breathe out, taking a step away from him as a hint of anger begins to linger in my mind. "Why do you think that?"

"Have you not seen her lately? She's pale and she constantly has bags under her eyes. She doesn't smile as much and there's always something going on between you two. It's like there's never a damn break," Liam shakes his head while letting out a breath. His fingers drum against the counter as he looks me up and down, "I think it would be better for the both of you. You don't look so good yourself."

I look away from him, guilt washing over me once I realize he's right. She does look like she's not happy anymore and that light in her eyes has disappeared again.

We're constantly having minor arguments and so many things are pulling us apart, me being one of them. I haven't been the best towards her and yesterday was a good example of that. Not only did I comfort Maria, but I also couldn't even go after her.

But that was also the day I broke. The day I realized I'm not a good person and Aurora doesn't deserve my love. My stupid, idiotic love for Maria got in the way and I constantly curse myself for still being in love with her. Because honestly, why the fuck am I?

"Maybe I can change. I can try to do better and- and I'll be a better man for her," I look at him desperately, grasping onto any reason I can stay with her.

He slightly tilts his head to the side and shakes it, "Harry, you can't do all of those things while still being with her. Taking a step away from her and taking time to find yourself is the only way you can fix this."

I shift nervously on my feet and take a deep breath, "I can't leave her, Liam. I love her too much."

"If you really love her," he reaches out and places his hand on my shoulder, "you'll leave her. If you don't want to watch that light in her eyes disappear forever, then you'll leave."