14

AN: I don't really care for this chapter but oh well...

Just wanted to say I love you and sorry it took me so long to update :)

~Alex

●●●●●

Life finally came back down from its high after work that following Monday, my mind still reeling from the events of this past week. It all seemed so unreal that Harry and I were no longer friends. Although it had taken two months for us to actually start a relationship, it still felt too good to be true. Almost as if it could all come crashing down any day now.

The only thing Liam and I did today was talk about what a great week we had, relishing the memories for as long as we could. Even though the small getaway was incredible, I still missed being in my shop and seeing people walk into the store with smiles on their faces. I missed the sweet aroma of flowers that greeted me every time I opened the door or would walk past a wall full of flowers.

My grandmother always brought flowers to every event. Whether it be a birthday party or a small get together, she would always enter the room with a bouquet of flowers in her hand. I liked to say that she was the one who brought the happiness while other people brought the food and the drinks. She'd always bring me a yellow rose that she had picked from her garden before leaving her house. I cherished those roses and kept them until they were completely wilted and no longer had yellow on their petals.

I had just gotten back home from work, laying on my couch as my body relaxed. Harry hadn't been able to come to lunch with me, saying he had some things he had to do. I didn't ask any questions and instead, he promised to take me out to dinner. He wasn't coming over until eight and it was only five, so I had plenty of time to relax before worrying about getting ready.

My suitcase still needed to be unpacked and my apartment had collected some dust while I was away. Thankfully, my next-door neighbor had watered my plants for me like she always does when I'm away.

While I was cleaning my living room, I heard a knock on my door and immediately looked at the time, wondering if I had lost track of time while I was cleaning. Luckily, it was only half-past six, and I let out a sigh of relief. "Coming!" I yell once the knocking on the door gets louder.

"About fucking time," her obnoxious voice rings through my ears while her white teeth blinds me, "Hi, Rory."

"McKenna," I breathe, taking in her luminous blonde hair and honey brown eyes that I could already tell were judging me, "What are you doing here?" I ask as she brushes past me and walks into my apartment.

"I thought I'd come visit my favorite cousin," she says simply, her strong perfume invading my nostrils, giving me a headache, "This place looks like shit."

McKenna Greene. My cousin who always had something bad to say every time she opened her mouth. There was never a time when she didn't constantly put me down or make me feel bad about myself. She was the type of person who only thought about herself and nobody else. I never said anything though, wanting to be the better person.

"I just got back from vacation," I mumble, noticing the multiple suitcases she had drug in behind her, "I thought you were still in New York studying law?"

She rolls her eyes, chewing loudly on the mint gum in her mouth, "Law is boring. I thought I'd take a break and come stay with you for a month or so."