25

AN: I hope you like this chapter!

Love you all bunches and bunches

~Alex

●●●●●

My eyes stared at the dark ceiling above me as I laid in Harry's bed. His warm arms were wrapped around me while his head was snuggled into the crook of my neck, his soft breath tickling my skin as he snored softly. Our legs were entangled together and my fingers played with his curls as I lied on my back.

I would've enjoyed all of this and I probably even would've been asleep if it weren't for my mind being wide awake.

The sweet aroma of the roses coming from his bedside table had me spinning rapidly down a black hole as I realized I had met Maria. I had sold her an arrangement of flowers that she had given to Harry when they met today. The worst part of it all was; she seemed to be the sweetest person and was intriguingly beautiful.

We were complete opposites. My skin was a light tan while hers was a warm, caramel color. My hair was a reddish-brown while hers was a shining black that fell in gorgeous black ringlets. My eyes were a bright green while hers seemed to be pools of honey. My lips weren't as plump and full as hers are. There were so many other things I could list that showed exactly how beautiful she was.

We were two completely different people.

I still couldn't put my finger on why she looked so familiar. Maybe there had been a picture hanging up in Harry's apartment that he later took down. Or maybe I just had this gut feeling that it was her. That was the girl Harry had been so desperately in love with.

Harry's grip around my torso becomes tighter as he shifts in his sleep, his eyebrows furrowing together with worry, "Aurora," he breathes out, his eyelids still closed as his eyes flitted back and forth behind them, "Aurora..."

"I'm here, baby," I whisper softly to him, rubbing his back soothingly.

"Flower. Take my hand," he says a bit louder this time and his body starts to shift some more, "I'm right here."

I roll him over onto his back and straddle his waist, smoothing the curls away from his face, "Shh, Harry. It's okay. I'm right here," I lightly shake his shoulders for him to wake up.

"Don't drown. Take my hand."

This is the third night in a row that he's had this dream about me drowning in the ocean and not being able to save me. "You're okay, baby. I'm right here. I'm not drowning," I tell him as he still lives in the nightmare raging around in his mind.

I pepper kisses across his nose, cheeks, jawline, forehead - anywhere my lips met skin as he twitched underneath me and small whines left his pink lips.

"Please. Take my hand. Don't leave me like this," he whimpers and my heart breaks as I spot a tear slip from the corner of his eye.

"Please wake up, Harry. I'm here, darling," I shake him harder, feeling useless as his face contorts into pain and another tear escapes from his closed eyelid, "Come on, baby. Wake up."

I've never seen Harry look like this before. Pain was etched into every fiber of his face and his hands were clutching tightly onto the sheets as his mind caused him to stay in his nightmare. My heart was shattering with each passing second as I shook him harder and harder, hoping and praying he would wake up soon. He was suffering and there was nothing I could do.

"No!" His green eyes snap open as he quickly sits up, causing me to slightly fall backward. His arms catch me before I fall completely backwards and he pulls me into his chest.