Paris In The Rain

AN: Hi! Sorry about the cliffhanger last chapter, but I wanted to leave you all on the edge of your seats!

There's one last chapter after this <3

I love you bunches and bunches and bunches <333333 Thank you for everything <3

~Alex

●●●●●

What do I do instead of running into his arms even though my entire body is screaming at me to do so?

I run away.

The second he takes a step, I turn in the opposite direction and run away. Why? I'm not sure. But as soon as I saw him take that one step towards me, I bolted for the exit in an attempt to escape having to confront him.

"Aurora!" Harry calls after me as I push my way through the sea of people, desperately trying to locate the door so I can leave the building that confines us together.

Tears stream down my face in a never-ending river, my vision blurry and muffled sobs falling from my lips. I want to turn around and face him. I want to stop and fall into his arms. But something inside of me is holding me back from doing that, and I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the fear of actually having to stand in front of him and speak, finally having him standing there in front of me rather than in my dreams. I'm not even sure what I'm going to say to him, or if I'll even be able to get any words out.

"Aurora, stop! Please!" His voice is closer and filled with desperation, but my hand is already on the handle to the door, pushing it open and running outside.

The rain immediately soaks through my dress and wets my hair as I come to a stop in the middle of the street. Raindrops mingle with my tears now that my head is tipped back towards the sky. My chest heaves up and down while I try to catch my breath, the piercing cold of the rain penetrating my skin like sharp needles and clearing my head of the fogginess that has been clouding my mind ever since I first stepped on the plane to Paris. I keep my eyes closed and continue to face the darkened sky.

It feels magical. It feels as if I've entered an alternate reality where all it does is rain and fill the atmosphere with enchanting concoctions of euphoria and ecstasy. Like the rain is the magical potion that casts a spell to all of those victim to the outside weather without an umbrella to keep them dry. But you don't care because you get to feel the rain soak into your skin as if it's some sort of drug seeping its way into your veins and making you feel as if you're on this unimaginable high.

Turning slowly around, I open my eyes and see Harry standing a few feet away from me, his long curls sticking to his cheeks and growing in length as the water weighs them down. His green eyes are trained solely on me as raindrops dot his eyelashes and run down his cheeks. My breath gets taken away just as quickly as it had arrived now that he's only an arm's length away. I could reach out right now and feel the smoothness of his skin underneath my fingertips if I wanted to.

"So this is what Paris in the rain feels like?"

He doesn't say a word and keeps his eyes trained on mine, tears still evident as they form along his waterline and leave streaks down his cheeks.

My body is practically pulling me towards him like a magnet, that gravitational pull I've always felt between us kicking into full force and drawing me to him. I subconsciously take a tiny step forward, keeping my arms by my sides no matter how desperately they wanted to reach forward and feel the warmth of his skin.