5

Harry's laughter fills the room, his dimples appearing on his cheeks. Music plays softly in the background as we sit at the island in the kitchen, eating our pizza and drinking wine, "There's no way that happened," he laughs, taking another bite of his pizza.

"I promise you it did. I can't make this stuff up," I laugh, watching the way the corner of his eyes crinkle when he smiles. Harry sighs after he's done laughing, leaning back in his chair.

The sun had set hours ago and it was getting close to midnight. Even though I had work tomorrow and I should probably be going to bed, I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to go another four weeks without seeing him.

His cheeks were pink from the wine he'd been drinking all night and his hair was no longer perfectly styled. He had changed into a simple t-shirt and sweatpants, his skin looking softer than ever. His lips were even redder than usual, causing me to keep stealing glances at them. Everything about Harry at that moment radiated beauty.

Silence surrounds us as we stare at each other, my heart racing, and my fingers going numb. I freeze when he reaches his hand out, taking the white camellia from behind my ear, "Mind if I keep this?" He asks with a small smile, bringing it to his nose.

"Go ahead," I breathe, melting at the way his red lips contrasted with the white petals, "I have plenty more."

Green eyes stare back at me as I sit there, completely overwhelmed by him. The sudden urge to kiss him washes over me and I don't know what to do. Every bone in my body was telling me to kiss him, but my brain was hesitant. I'm not ready to let someone back into my life just yet. It feels like it's too soon.

"It's getting a bit late," Harry yawns, stretching his arms over his head. I sigh in relief, looking away from him and to the empty glass of wine sitting in front of me, "Want me to walk you home?"

"No. That's okay," I shake my head, "I'm only about two blocks away and you're already home."

He stands up, taking my empty glass and placing it in the sink, "I don't mind," he hums while throwing away the pizza box.

"I'll be fine," I smile, grabbing my things. Harry walks with me to the door, holding it open for me as we stand in the doorway, "Goodnight, Harry."

He leans towards me and places a kiss on my cheek, sending a shock throughout my body, "Goodnight, Aurora," he smiles. I turn away, completely dumbfounded at the way his soft lips felt against my skin.

The entire walk home felt like a fever dream, the lingering feeling of his lips keeping me warm.

●●●●●

"And then he leaned in and kissed my cheek," I explain to Liam while putting together an arrangement of flowers.

"He likes you," Liam smirks, sending me that you-like-him-too look.

"What are we, twelve?" I groan in annoyance, angrily shoving a flower into the vase, "I'm not ready, Liam. I can't go through what I went through last time." My heart can't handle that right now. Maybe not ever again.

The door opens and in walks a young couple smiles gracing their faces as they hold each other's hand, "Welcome to Aurora's Flower Shop!" Liam says from behind the counter we were standing at. They send us a smile and walk around the store, eyeballing the multitude of flowers. "Just give him a chance. He seems like a nice guy. Louis has been friends with him since primary school."

I sigh, knowing he was right. If I push every guy away then I'm going to end up all alone. Being alone seemed much better than having my heart broken, but I knew that in the end, I would want someone there by my side. Harry made me feel something deep down inside that was starting to surface the longer I get to know him. It was something I don't think I've ever felt before.