13

AN: Hello everyone! I can't believe Paris In The Rain already has over 400 reads. My last two books didn't have this much reads this fast and I'm very thankful for everything. Your votes and comments motivate me to be a better writer.

Also, if you feel like this story is moving kind of fast, I'm sorry. I'm purposely making the first part of Harry and Aurora's relationship go a bit faster that way we can get to the more interesting stuff. Don't worry though, towards the end of the book, there will be more details about the beginning of their relationship. Just hang in there with me please.

I'm thinking that this book will have 50 to 60 chapters so we're far from the end. I'm planning on having a sequel as well.

For now, enjoy this chapter and I'll see you next time!

~Alex

●●●●●

On our last day in Sicily, we decided to take a ferry and tour all of the other small islands that surrounded Sicily. It had rained the past couple of days, preventing us from being able to do all of the things we wanted to do.

With each passing day, I fell deeper in love with Harry, cursing myself every time I realized it. Every time the thought would pass through my mind, I'd push it away, not wanting to dwell on the fact that I knew it was true. I just wanted to enjoy my new relationship with Harry and the time we spent together, things feeling different now that we were no longer just friends.

In a way, I felt closer to him, feeling like this was how things were supposed to be. I liked it when I'd wake up and he'd be right there beside me, the most peaceful and beautiful look on his face as he slept with his arms around me. I liked the way his soft lips felt against mine when we kissed, always tasting like mint and just a hint of sugar like that was what he always tasted like. Or the way my skin burned whenever he touched me so delicately. One wrong move and I'd shatter underneath his fingertips.

It didn't take Liam and Louis long to find out that we were no longer friends, our swollen lips and sparkling eyes giving it all away the second they looked at us as we came downstairs. They had made a bet on how long it would take us to get together, Louis winning by saying it'd only take two months while Liam said five.

While we rode on the ferry - the salty breeze tickling my skin as small wisps of hair blew into my face - Harry sat beside me with his notebook opened and a pencil in his hand, sketching something as he looked past me and out into the ocean. Liam and Louis were sat across from us, having their own conversation as they sat close together, their knees pressed tightly up against each others.

"What are you drawing?" I ask Harry, glancing over at him.

"The ocean," he says simply without turning his journal around to let me see. I knew Harry liked to keep his drawings to himself, only letting me see a few here and there. I never pried, understanding that he liked to keep his privacy.

My father has always been the same way. As a little girl, I used to beg him to let me see his drawings, wondering what was inside those journals that he always brought with him no matter where we went. He never showed them to me though, and I only got to see the artwork that was shown at his art exhibitions.