22

AN: I literally love all of you. Every single one of you. I love you I love you I love you.

~Alex

●●●●●

I never questioned Harry about lying to me about the text message. How could I when I wasn't telling him the whole truth about why I left in such a hurry last night? It was obvious we both had our secrets. Now it was just waiting to see if those secrets would come out or if we'd let them pull us apart.

"Lunch?" Harry asks me as he parks across the street from a small cafe.

"Sure," I smile at him, the smile not quite reaching my eyes, "but I'm paying."

After having made a few more stops to art stores and just random places here and there, it was finally lunchtime and my headache had somewhat eased off to a bearable throbbing. My mind was going into overdrive trying to think about everything that has happened within the past 24 hours.

First of all, Harry and I had had our first argument. Then Niall had called me and I lied to Harry about why I had to leave. Niall had told me he was still in love with me and I had finally admitted that I was still in love with him. I quite literally got drunk off of my ass and was now worrying myself sick about being in love with Niall and Harry at the same time. And now, Harry's ex was in town and he was planning on meeting up with her.

What a life to be living at the moment.

Harry grabs my thigh as I unbuckle my seatbelt, my head snapping around to meet his green eyes that were filled with concern, "Is something wrong, Flower?"

"No. Why?" I lie through my teeth, inwardly cringing at how many lies I had told Harry today. It made me sick.

"Your eyes," he says softly, "They look sad."

Of course he could read my emotions easily as if they were an open book. Why couldn't I do the same with him? He was so locked down about everything when it came to what he was feeling, the emotion never being evident in his eyes. I just wish that for once he'd let me inside to take a look around whatever was going on inside of that masterpiece of a mind.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about me," I nod my head, leaning forward to press a kiss to his warm cheek.

"It's kind of hard not to worry about you when you're the only thing I think about," he replies, concern still filling his eyes - the only emotion I could see.

I smile at him again, this time feeling it reach my eyes, "I'm okay, Harry."

"You'd tell me if something was wrong, right?"

Not being able to meet his eyes, I turn away and open my door, "Mhm," I hum just loudly enough for him to hear me over the sound of cars driving by.

"That's not an answer, Aurora!" Harry calls out to me from the other side of his car as I begin walking across the street, checking for oncoming cars.

"Sure it is, Capolavoro!" I call back to him over my shoulder, giggling slightly as I watch him dash across the street to catch up to me from where I was standing on the sidewalk.

He's breathless by the time he's standing beside me, playfully glaring at me as amusement dances its way through his eyes, "It's really not an answer," he grabs my hand, opening the door to the cafe for me.

"If you say so."

Lunch was rather enjoyable as we sat across from each other and talked. For once I wasn't worrying about Niall or the text message he had received from Maria. My undivided attention was on Harry as he told me about his family, trying to calm my nerves about meeting them.