35

AN: Hello! Thank you so much for 9k reads, my loves <3

Gosh I never thought I'd get this far and I'm so so grateful for everything. You guys make me smile.

I love you.

~Alex

●●●●●

"Where the fuck is the hairdresser?!" Gemma frantically screams while dashing around the house, Anne and I both trying to calm her down.

The hairdresser was five minutes late and Gemma was having a full-blown panic attack, running around in nothing but a robe and her phone clutched in her hand as she continued to check for updates about where the hairdresser was.

"Calm down, sweetheart. I'm sure she's just stuck in traffic," Anne says soothingly while sending me a frantic look.

Nothing we were doing or saying was calming Gemma down and I was starting to feel a bit helpless, wishing the hairdresser would just hurry up and get here already. After Harry had left at around 6 am this morning, it has been a whirlwind of chaotic events ever since.

I got up to fix coffee not long after he left, the note and flower he left me somehow leaving me unsettled and queasy. While I was sitting at the kitchen table enjoying my coffee, Gemma came downstairs practically crying and ranting about how nervous she was and how she felt like she was going to be sick. I simply told her to go back to bed until 9 and I would handle whatever went wrong for the next three hours.

Surprisingly enough, nothing had been going wrong until the hairdresser ordeal. It was now almost noon and girls were rushing frantically all about the house as they tried to get ready. Gemma's maid of honor wasn't much help when it came to calming Gemma down, so it was just Anne and me, pulling soothing words out of our asses as we tried to think of the best things to say that would calm her down. And so far - none of it was working.

"Gem, hey. You need to breathe," I grab her by her shoulders and force her to look at me, meeting her wild and frantic eyes while her chest heaved up and down in panic, "If she doesn't show up in five minutes then I will do your hair. My aunt is a hairdresser and she taught me a few things."

Tears well up in her eyes as her breathing slows, "Really, Aurora? Oh, thank you!" She flings her arms around me and squeezes me tightly.

"It's honestly no problem, Gem. Today shouldn't be stressful for you," I assure her while hugging her back just as tight, relieved she had finally calmed down and was now back to breathing normally.

"Thank you, Aurora," Anne whispers in my ear once Gemma walks away to converse with her bridesmaids, "I'm going to get ready myself. Don't you wait too long to get ready."

I only nod my head with a smile as I watch her disappear up the stairs, knowing I was probably going to be the last one who was ready. If the hairdresser didn't show, that meant I was going to have to do everybody's hair and wouldn't have much time for myself.

The wedding officially starts at four and with it being noon, I knew the time was going to pass by unbelievable fast.

"Oh, god! She just texted me and said she can't make it!" Gemma cries out from the dining room and I let out a stressed sigh, knowing that this was going to be the longest evening I've ever experienced in my twenty-four years of life.