chapter 13

The Yule ball was just around the corner. We were mere hours from spending the night dancing and laughing under the supervision of all of our professors. Everyone was excited. Girls were giddy about getting all dressed up and the boys were dreading having to dance all night long. Emily and I already had our dresses laid out on my bed while we were in the bathroom discussing what to do with our hair. Both of us standing in the mirror as we messed around with different ideas, pinning it up, letting it flow loose, half up half down, high ponytail, practically anything. After a while, I was pretty keen on pinning my hair up a little and letting the rest hang loose down my back while Emily wanted a full updo. 

After the both of us had done our make up we moved of to doing our hair. I already had a few strains of hair pinned back before Emly started winning about her hair not staying in place. So I had to sit on the floor while I went to work. Holding little pins in my mouth as she barked orders at me for where she wanted each piece of hair.

As I was doing Emily's hair, Rebecca had come in a few times to borrow some makeup and then go back to get ready with Pansy Parkinson. Mary Ann came in towards the end and asked for me to help zip her dress before she ran back out of my room and shouted for her friends. On the other hand, Nora was off already with Marcus and her friend group doing Merlin knows what before the dance started.

As the time for the ball rolled around, we both slipped into our dresses. Emily in a lacey black dress, that was tight around the top and flowing towards the bottom. I helped zip her up before we moved to my dress. Having to pull it tight like a corset. I held it tight on my breast as Emilly pulled it tight, tieing it off at the bottom as I moved my hair to let it cascade down my bareback. I looked in the mirror and smoothed out the dark green silky fabric, pulling my breast up to help perk them up a bit before I searched for my heels. 

"You look hot," She flirted as I turned around to face her.

"And you look sexy," I giggled, "now let's go find our dates."

Both of us locking hands as we made our way from my dorm and down to the common area where Adrian and Graham were waiting for us. Of course, we were going with them since we deemed that no one else was worthy of taking us. So here I was going to the biggest event of my time here at Hogwarts with Adrian Pucey. He was dressed fashionably for once. In an all-black suit with a green tie to match my dress. Graham was somewhat matching him but only with a black tie that matched Emily's dress.

"I don't see why we have to go to the stupid dance anyway," Adrian moaned.

"Because it is customary for all the wizarding school here to join with each other in a night of dancing," Emily said as she straightened out Graham's tie.

"You get one dance before I go find a Beauxbaton girl to make out with," He said to Emily as her hands slid to his chest.

"Just one," She whined, "Pity. I was hoping I wouldn't have to press my body against yours anytime soon."

"Bummer, but I think I remember you dancing with me at the party last weekend," Graham taunted back.

"Okay you two, can we please get going so this night can be over with," I sighed.

"I second on what Lottie said," Adrian said as he reached out his arm. I place my hand in his as the four of us made our way out of the common room. Following the sounds of clustering people just before the ball started. My arm linked in Adrians as we reached the top of the steps. Emily and Graham falling to our side as we looked around at every so lavishly dressed up. 

Fred's POV

As I was standing outside The Great Hall with Alicia, who was my date for the night, as well as my brother and his date Angelina. While we were busy conversing with each other while we waited for the ball to start I was scanning the room, looking for Lottie. A few moments later I saw her come into view and linked in her arm was Adrian Pucey.