chapter 25

The one good thing about being a prefect is bossing everyone around. One of the bad things is roaming the halls late at night trying to catch students who were doing Merlin knows what. Lucky the air was getting warmer now so I didn't have to walk around all bundled up and freezing cold. 

It was well past midnight and I was tired. I could hear my bed calling my name. My eyelids were so droopy that I almost have to pry them open just to stay awake. It didn't help I had been up late every night this week, continuing to read every book imaginable trying to figure out what was going on with me and how I made Millie come back to life. But I was stumped. I had nothing and I hadn't talked to Fred for a few days so I have no idea if he found anything useful. But one thing I did know was that I missed him. A lot. 

It made my stomach warm and cheeks red when I thought about him. When I saw him walking the halls or sitting in class, it's like I could only focus on him. His very presence overtook my senses. Bewitching me under his spell as I tried to slip and push him away. I was tied to a string that he had wrapped around his little finger. Pulling me closer and closer to him. He was annoying but he was growing on me and I was beginning to like it. A lot. 

As I walked the halls I wrapped my arms around me tighter. A gust of cold wind had blown through making me shiver just a little as I had turned the corner to head back towards the Great Hall to make my rounds again. Passing by a few torches that gave off some heat before I walked further away. Heading towards the Quidditch locker room to make sure the Gryffindor team had gone to bed and weren't just out roaming the halls.

I turned the corner quickly letting out a big yawn as I saw Fred walking down the hall towards me. His eyes looking down towards the floor as he kept up his pace.

"Out past curfew," I snarked, crossing my arms over my chest. Watching as his eyes rose off the ground and looked towards me, "I should write you up for this."

"You're going to write me up?" He asked as he stopped walking.

"Well, I have to. Your practice ended half an hour ago and you're still out of bed," I said, walking closer to him.

"Would you still write me up if I said that I just wanted to see my girlfriend before I went to bed," He flirted. 

"Depends," I scoffed, "You might get away with it."

"So, what does a guy gotta do to get a hug?" He asked batting his eyes towards me. I rolled my eyes as I walked over towards him. Watching a smile grow on his face as he opened his arms to me as I got closer. I dropped my arms from my chest. Practically jumping into his arms as I wrapped my arms around his neck. Feeling his long muscular arms wrapped around my petite waist. Holding me up off the ground as I instantly wrapped my legs around his hips. Burying my face in the crook of his neck as I took in the scent of freshly cut oak trees. Feeling his arms wrap around my waist tighter. 

"I missed you," I breathed against his neck, placing my hand on the back of his head. Keeping me close to me as I didn't want to let go. 

"Did you now," He mocked.

"Only because I didn't have someone annoy me for a few days," I backed myself up, quickly.

"Right," He joked as I pulled my face away from his neck and brought it centered to his. Unwrapping my legs off his hips as they hovered above the ground. My arms still wrapped around his neck as I ran my fingers through his hair. Smirking at myself as I watched his eyes flutter closed for just a second. Finally, my feet coming back in contact with the ground as I balanced myself out.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" Fred asked, slipping his arms off my waist. Letting his hands linger on my waist instead.

"I have to walk my rounds," I hushed as I slipped my arms off his neck. Gliding them down his chest as he looked down at me.