chapter 28

this chapter contains mature themes: abuse and assault. readers discretion advised.

***

We had been on summer break for almost two weeks now. Two dreadful and painful weeks. The only thing that kept me going was Freds' letters. Fred and I have been writing to each other non-stop since we have been back. I came up with the idea of numbering our letters so when we could put them together we knew exactly where they belong.

Every morning since I have been back at my family's Manor, I woke up to the warm, bright sunshine peeking through my black curtains. Kissing my pale, cold skin with warmth, melting away the icicles that coated my skin from the night before while I rolled around in my silky, soft olive green comforter. Taking in the deep scent of lilacs and roses before I pulled back my covers. Exposing my love bites to the world.

As my body warmed to the heat of the sun and the thought of Fred, I dragged my fingers over each love bite he made. Remembering him between my legs on the express just before we left each other. His tongue dancing over my skin as his hot and heavy breath warmed my soul. I closed my eyes as I circled over the biggest one and pictured him here with me. Kissing every inch of my body as we laid tangled in my sheets together. Letting our hands roam all over each other's body as I walked back towards the light. Leaving the dark black hole that called me home.

After a few moments of daydreaming of Fred,  I threw my covers off of me and swung my legs over the edge of my bed. I stretched up high feeling all my muscles come back to life after my restless sleep and then rose to my feet. Making my way over to my bathroom. Shuffling my feet across the cold black wood floor before I pushed the door open. Flicking the light on and walking over to my shower and turning it on.

I walked back over to my mirror and brushed through my long messy locks as the steam began to fill the room. Slipping my black silky pajama off before getting into the shower. Cleaning all the sweat and oil off my body from the night before. Washing my hair as the scorching hot water burned my ice-cold body. Purposely bringing some warmth into me before stepping out and wrapping myself in a towel. Letting my wet hair drip onto the floor as I entered my bedroom again. 

Making my way to my closet as I slipped on some clothing for the day before going over to my desk and writing back to Fred. With each letter I found myself falling harder for him. In a way, I have never fallen for anyone before. I was never the type to have a crush on anyone either. I just either thought someone was attractive or not. It didn't matter if they were a boy or a girl, as long as they didn't have a crappy personality. But with Fred it was different and I knew it. I liked him a lot. I never stopped thinking about him. Every second my mind was wrapped around him. Picturing him here with me as I was stuck in my dark corner of the world. He was the only light in my life right now. Besides occasionally seeing my Mum and Mary Ann around the Manor.

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail before I made my way down the library to grab another book. I was looking for something and anything on the ability I have. I spent a whole afternoon searching and scanning in that place only to find nothing. But today I had hope that I would find something.

I pushed the doors open to the library and went over the section I left yesterday. Even though I have been in this library over a million times there were still sections I never explored yet and each time I found a new section it felt like my corner of the world grew bigger.

I dragged my fingers along the dusty old shelves that are older than I am. Traveling further towards the back where it would be harder for anyone to find me. When I reached the end of the section that I had been strolling in I found a new section that looked like it had never been touched. I smiled to myself as I reached up and touch each binding of the new books I discovered. As I looked up higher, I saw a book that looked like it had been collecting enough dust for centuries.