chapter 35

After the match, things seemed to go back to normal. My Father never found of about me playing in the match, which was a sigh of relief. In the meantime, I had gotten a lot of compliments about my playing skills. I was boasting with pride but at the same time, I didn't like all the attention. I'd rather be the girl who was a bitch to everyone and everyone was scared of. While Fred was still boasting over the whole thing and loved to remind me how incredible I played that was really the only person I wanted attention from.

While we were about halfway through the last term assignments and tests seemed to be getting harder and harder with each passing day and it was stressful. The only fun I had in a while was celebrating Fred's birthday on the first of April. We spent the whole day sneaking around Hogwarts together, sitting in the back of the library, stealing food from the kitchen to eat in his dorm, and then finally spending all night rolling around in my bed back at my dorm so we didn't have to worry about George or Lee. The weekend before I managed to get down to Hogsmead and buy him some things from Zonko's Joke shop as well as a green sweater I thought we would enjoy from Gladrags Wizardwear. I also got George a few things as well. I mean, after all, they are twins. 

***

A few nights after Fred's birthday I was roaming the halls, doing my perfect duties, making sure that no students were out of their beds or roaming the halls. At this point in the term, I could care less. When I caught people I just let them go, it's not like it really matters.

When I turned the corner to make my way around the courtyard when I came across a little blackbird laying on a cobblestone ledge. I made my way over to it slowly. I sat down next to it and placed my hands around it and picked it up in my hands. Its little chest rising and falling to show that it wasn't dead. They just laid there in the palm of my hands looking up at me. I soon realized that its right wing was broken.

"Poor thing," I whispered as I brushed my fingers over its wing. As my fingers reached the tip of the wind, I heard a small click. The small bird jumped to its little feet and looked up at me, blinking its eyes slowly before letting out a little cheep and then flew off into the night sky.

I watched it fly until I could not see it any longer. Once it was gone I looked down at my hands, noticing that my palms were glowing a little bit before it went away. What was going on with me? First, I bring Emily's cat back to life and now I heal a bird's wing. How is that possible? Nowhere in Agatha's diary has she talked about being able to heal people or things that are hurt. Maybe it was part of the abilities of the power that she couldn't understand. I needed to find out.

I shook off what happened and took off to Fred's dorm. I needed to tell him what happened. I walked through the halls and made my way through the secret entrance before I climbed up to his dorm room. I pushed the door open and saw both him and George sitting on their floor looking over the layout of their shop. 

"Sorry," I said, looking at the two on them on the floor like small children. My hand still on the handle as I went to close the door and leave, "I'll come back later."

"No, it's okay," Fred said as he stood up off the floor, "come on in." 

"Are you sure?" I asked looking over at George as he was stacking all the papers together to put them away.

"Yeah," George said as he stood up walking over to his trunk and putting the papers away, "I have a hot date to get to anyways." 

"Ohh," I chuckled, walking into their dorm, letting the door close softly behind me, "how are you and Emily doing?"

"How do you know?" George asked as I watched Fred walk into the bathroom.

"She told me a few weeks ago."