chapter 50

As time passed the blue sky and crisp air soon became grey with chilling cold air, meaning winter was here. Which meant my life was growing colder overall. As I stuck with my normal routine around the Manor, reading book after book after book and working with Agatha each night to grow stronger I still felt alone. Fred's, Mary Ann's, Emily's, and Abigail's letters, and talks with my Mum kept me company most days but sometimes I wished to be eating dinner with Abigail at her house or out partying with Emily, Angelina, Alicia, and Katie or even roaming the halls of Hogwarts. Really anything to get as far as away from here as possible. As I sat in my room away from my Father I thought of all the good times I had with them and couldn't wait for more to come. 

When I crawled out of my room to grab another book from the library or to even eat a meal, I would either pass my Father in his study or pass him in the halls, feeling his cold glare on me as I walked to and froe at my pleasure. I dared not to make eye contact with him at all unless he spoke to me.

It wasn't until Christmas break when things changed drastically. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse they did.

***

I woke up a few mornings before Christmas, early. I was unable to sleep from the night before. Agatha had been training me harder and longer each night. I was slowly learning how to move things with my mind but it was tricky and always ended up giving me a huge headache. She wanted to start me on moving things while also fighting with spells. I don't know how that will work if I don't have anyone to fight, but it will work somehow. I grabbed my velvet robe out of my closet and slipped it on as I went to leave my room. I needed to go for a walk. Somewhere further than the library and dining room.

The one thing I was grateful about was Mary Ann being home for Christmas break. I was able to have someone to talk to and spend my nights with. Becca was always off at either Pansy Parkinsons Manor or with Draco at his Manor. The first night Mary Ann was back she came straight to my room and told me all about the first term of her 3rd year. All the assignments she had to do while she and her friend ran around the castle having the time of their lives. It made me jealous in a way that I wished for her freedom but I was happy that she was living her life the way she wanted. 

Once I was ready to go I slipped out of my room quietly, knowing that everyone else was still asleep as I made my way down the staircase and to the back door. When I stepped outside I was met by the cold winter air. I pulled my robe around me tighter and I began my walk around the Manor, staying close to the walls. Little snowflakes fell from the sky as I walked around, wishing that Fred was here with me, holding my hand wanting to spend this holiday with him. The two of us sitting around a warm fire with a cup of hot chocolate in our hands as the Weasley family, my Mum, Mary Ann, and Abigail surrounded us. It made my cheeks warm to just think about it. I would give anything to make that dream possible.

I walked around the house until the sun started to rise. The sky behind the trees began to turn pink. Just as the sun peaked over them. I made my way back to the door I came through and went inside, hoping to get up to my room before anyone noticed. I pushed the back door open and slipped in quietly, making sure the door closed softly behind me before I pulled the hood of the robe off my head and went to go back up to my room. When I turned around I saw something no daughter ever wanted to see. 

I let out a loud gasp as I covered my mouth. There laying on the floor was my mother. Her eyes open as she laid on the dining room floor. Her limps laid everywhere as I rushed over to the. I dropped to my knees as I noticed her pale skin as her chest was not rising up and down.

"Mum, wake up," I cried as I picked her up and little, placing her head in my lap. I brushed back her brunette locks from her forehead, hooking them behind her ears as I could feel my body being too hot up. My emotions were getting the best of me and I needed to control them right now, just like Agatha taught me.