chapter 61

~ 4 Years Later ~

Over the past four years, Fred and I have had our ups and downs with it came to convincing a baby. We lost and grieved a lot. But the past four years have been a long haul. There were times we never told anyone and there were times we told everyone which only hurt us more. There were times when we threw ourselves into work to ignore the fact of us wanting to be sad, but when we laid in bed together it was a toss-up game of who would break down and cry in the other's arms and it hurt us both. 

After our third miscarriage, we decided to go on a trip, just to get away from our world for a few weeks and be with each other away from distractions. While everyone else around us was having babies it was always a soft topic for us and everyone felt like they needed to dance around the topic when in reality they didn't need to. But in the past four years, George and Emily had their firstborn and then a set of twins. Bill and Fleur had their second baby. Percy and his wife had their first. Nora and Marcus also had their second. Abigail and Henry had their third. Meanwhile, Becca and Pansy were trying to adopt their first, and Molly kept pestering Harry and Ginny and Ron and Hermione to start having babies of their own. But with all the new little ones it hard to not imagine ourselves with one. 

Here we are 8 months along about to bring our first baby into this world. When we first found out we prepared ourselves for the worse. Each time I had stomach pains I would cry, think I had lost another baby but they stuck around. They kept sticking around and when we got to the third-trimester mark I was put on bed rest. The only thing I was allowed to get up for was to go to the bathroom, sit in the living room, or outside. Other than that I needed to rest and keep my body still. Somedays seemed long as Fred would be at work and I would be left alone but George soon started to let him have days off here and there to be at home with me. When Fred wasn't home my Mum started to show up, along with Becca, Molly, Emily, Abigail, Fleur. Really anyone. They would just come and keep me company. It was wonderful. 

While I had lots of people around I was still nervous. I would sit there with my hands on my belly just to feel them kick to make sure they were still there. At night I would be restless as I tried to calm my mind so I could get some real sleep before the baby came. I know my doctors never wanted to say anything but there was still a chance that we could lose the baby and I knew that. But I didn't want that to happen. I don't think I could bear it. But since we were so far along the risk was lower but still there. 

***

I happened to be sitting in the living room after a long day of doing nothing when Fred came home from work. While normally I greet him at the door I couldn't. I set my book down in my lap as I watched him kick off his shoes before he walked over to me on the couch. He placed one hand behind me on the couch before he leaned down and placed a long and gentle kiss on my lips as his other hand lightly rubbed my belly. When he pulled away he traveled a bit further down and kissed my belly like he always did.

"How was your day?" I asked him as he took a seat on the opposite side of the couch.

"It was good, George and I are scheduled to go to the France shop in a few weeks but George is doing it solo since I have you to worry about."

"Fred, we aren't due for another month, you can go," I said as I shifted in my seat a little bit.

"Not a chance, I am staying right here," He protested as he picked up and feet and began to massage them.

"Well, what about Emily and the boys?" I asked.

"They will be fine," Fred said, "Mum is going to help her out if she needs it, and plus they are right up the street so I can run up there if they need someone as well. Enough about me, how was your day?"