chapter 38

Fred's POV 

It had been a while month and a half after seeing Lottie before summer. In the past month and a half George and I had been so busy getting the shop ready for our opening in a few weeks and making sure that everything was perfect. In the meantime, we were also moving into the loft above the shop as Mum had kicked us out once she found out we had left Hogwarts without graduating. She wasn't mad for long but she wasn't happy that we didn't graduate. On the other hand, Dad was excited for the both of us, and sometimes on his lunch break or after work he would come and help us for a little bit.

While I was busy running around all over the place, picking up all sorts of things for the shop, counting inventory, and stocking the shelves I tried my best to not think about missing Lottie too much. But it never worked, she ran around my thoughts 24/7 as I hoped that she was okay. Once she left Hogwarts we had been writing to each other non-stop, but it just didn't feel the same. The letters kept the both of us happy and sane but I wished she was here in person and I knew she felt the same. The miles between us felt like they keep growing longer and longer each and every day.  After our last night together it felt like the bond we had, had grown stronger and I didn't want to be away from her anymore. I just kept my hopes up that one day she would be here in the shop, the loft, and with me one day.

***

We were another day closer to opening the shop. I was busy running around the shop stocking the shelves and hanging decorations while George working on the paperwork. The music blasted over the radio as I hummed along to the song playing with my mind on Lottie. I was picturing her here with me as she helped George and me with everything, making every day better than the last.

I had just finished with the Extendable Ears and was getting ready to move onto the Boxing Telescopes but I couldn't find the boxes anywhere. I let out a low huff and walked towards the office. I ran my fingers through my hair before I scratched at the back of my neck, feeling a little stressed out for the shop to be successful.

"George, where did you put the box of Boxing Telescopes, they need to be on the..." I trailed off as I pushed open the door to the office, seeing George and Emily making out on the desk, "how many times have I told you not in the store."

"Sorry," Emily mumbled.

"Look just because you're not getting any doesn't mean I don't have too," George protested as Emily hid herself in George's body. 

"Then lock the door next time," I groaned as I went to pull the door closed again.

"What do you need?" He asked.

"Where's the box of Boxing Telescopes?"

"They are in the supply closet because we haven't gotten to unpackage them yet," George said. 

"Did you do inventory for them?" I asked.

"No," George said. 

"I'll get it done. I am picking up the signs later today and our uniforms," I said as I began to pull the door closed, letting them get back to whatever they wanted to do, "use muffliato, this time. I don't want to hear it." 

"Got it," George said as I closed the door. As I began to walk away I heard the door lock as well as a few giggles and then not another peep come from inside the room as I walked further away. As I passed by the front I turned the radio up louder before heading over to the supply closet. I had to move a few boxes to the floor before I found the boxes of Boxing Telescopes. I pushed the three boxes out of the supplies closet before I stacked the boxes I had moved back up. I grabbed the inventory checklist off the wall by the door and then got to work. I moved the boxes to the front counter and started counting all the boxes.