chapter 54

this chapter contains mature themes.

two hands on the wheel at all times.

***

April was right around the corner. Part of me was excited becasue I was planning to go surprised Fred but I was scared to leave becasue I didn't want Charles to find out and be pissed. But if he had a problem with it then he would have me to deal with. So on the last day of March, I packed my bag to go stay with Fred for this birthday. As I zipped up my bag my bedroom door opened and my Mum slipped in holding a small box in her hand.

"I got it," She smiled as she walked over to me. I instantly felt a million butterflies swarm my stomach as I took it out of her grasp. I opened it to see a similar gold band, ring-like mine for Fred, without the pearl on it.

"It's perfect," I smiled as I closed the box and put it inside the bag I had packed.

"Do not worry about Charles. He will not know you are gone."

"Are you sure?" I asked as I took my bag into my grasp.

"Absolutely, now go and have fun with Fred, be safe and tell him I said happy birthday, as well as George," She smiled as she kissed my cheek.

"I will. Thank you for letting me go," I smiled.

"Of course. Our secret is safe from him," She smiled, "now go."

She dropped her hands from me as I held my bag tightly and apparated to the loft. It was in the middle of the day and I knew the boys were down in the shop working. I set my bag in Fred's room and checked myself in the mirror before I went down to the shop to surprise him. I climbed down the stairs, noticing that the shop was empty. There closed sign was hanging in the front door as I reached the main floor. I looked around for a moment before I headed over towards the office, wondering where the boys were and why the shop was closed so early.

After searching around for a couple of minutes I decided to climb back up to the loft and make myself a cup of coffee before I took a seat on the couch and flipped the telly on. While my mind was mindlessly watching whatever I had turned on I waiting patiently for them to return. Before I knew it when I looked up at the clock it was half-past seven and they were still nowhere to be seen. Maybe they were at the Burrow for their birthday? But that still wouldn't explain why the shop was closed in the middle of the day.

I swung my legs over the couch and made my way back into the kitchen to find myself something to eat as I was starving. When I opened their fridge I found nothing but a few apples, a half-drunken milk carton and a few candy bars that I didn't quite think were candy bars. I slowly closed the fridge and walked back over to the couch and sat back down.

At nine pm is when I really started to worry. I checked Fred's room and it seemed like he hadn't packed anything to go anywhere. But again his room was messy with clothing just thrown everywhere. I flicked the lights on and started to clean up for him. Merlin knows he needs it. I started smelling the clothing on the floor which turned out to be a bad idea as some of them smelled like pure sweat before I threw them into the dirty pile. With all the clean clothing I began to fold them or hang them back up in the places they usually go. I looked at his clock on his nightstand, 9:15. I heard the front door open.

"It bullshit George," Fred's voice boomed through the loft angrily.

"I know," George followed as the door closed loudly.

"How can they expect us to be making that much when the whole world is scared to come out do anything because of you know who."

"Listen I understand that but at least they aren't taking our shop and our loft away. It could be worse. Right now we need to get our items out there and hope people will send orders in. Right now it's slow and we have to deal with it."