chapter 37

this chapter contains mature themes. readers discretion advised. 

Both hands on the wheels at all times people!

***

The last month of school flew by quickly especially when you are lost in your own thought. Over the past month, Fred didn't write to me and I didn't write to Fred. I sat in the library or in my bed with tear-stained eyes. When I had class I sat in the back and alone, writing my notes and trying my best to keep my mind off Fred and the thought of possibly losing him. Or had I already?

I still barely slept or ate this past month and Emily kept pestering me to try to figure out what was wrong with me, but I didn't budge. I would just push the food around on my plate shoving my tears back down as I didn't want to express any emotion in front of her or the boys. As I did my best not to mope I focused more on my studies, trying to get ready for the N.E.W.Ts that were in a few days. At night when I tossed and turned under the covers, I thought of all the things I could say to Fred when I saw him again if I ever saw him again. I just wish I could erase the past few moments we spent together. 

***

Today was the big day, Graduation Day and tonight was the graduation party for all the 7th years as well as the 6th years to begin their new journey. I didn't feel like attending either of them but I had to. So I rolled out of bed anyway and started to get ready. I need to make myself look like I had slept more than five hours and ate something nutritious in the last month. While I was fixing myself up Emily came bursting into my room to begin getting ready with me. In her hands was a letter from George, congratulating her on graduating and letting her know how proud she was of him. I was jealous because I wish that was Fred and me. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted to crawl up into a little ball and cry. All I could do was be happy for her and hide my emotions away.

Emily and I continued to get ready and I pushed away my thoughts for once. Both of us dressed in our graduation outfits we had gotten months ago down at Hogsmeade. Emily was in a beautiful dark purple silk dress that hugged her curves, while I was in an olive green silk dress that flowed nicely. We both slipped on our Slytherin graduation cap and gown before we made our way out to the common room where Adrian and Graham were waiting for us.

"You two look dashing," Emily complimented them.

"Thank you," They both said.

"You two look beautiful," Graham followed.

"Thank you," We both said.

"Honestly Pucey, never thought we would live to see this day," Graham chuckled as the four of us once stood as scared little first years, not knowing what the future held for the four of us. 

"I think the two of you surprised us all," I said. 

"Are we ready?" Adrian asked as we all looked towards the door. Out those doors would be it. While we still had the party tonight, this was the last time we would be here as students. The last time I would get a taste of freedom. 

"Ready as I'll ever be," Emily said as she held out her hand for me to grab. Just like the two of us entered this common room we left hand in hand, walking down the hallway as the boy followed close behind. This was it. 

Before we reached The Great Hall, McGonagall was lining us all up by houses for us to walk in just like the first time and once we were ready to go the music from the band started and we all paraded in.