chapter 22

Friday night, made my way down to the Black Lakes around 7:30. I wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get lost going off the path, a little down to the lakes. My Slytherin robe blowing just a little as the wind had picked up as I got closer. I wrapped my arms around me tightly as I got to the edge of the water. Taking a seat along the edge as I pulled my knees to my chest. Waiting for Fred to come walking down. 

Resting my head on my knees as I stared out on the water. Watching the light of the moon shining over the glassy water. Just a few waves hit the shore, as I heard a few footsteps behind me. I snapped my head around to see Fred walking over towards me. A blanket wrapped up tightly in his hands as the moonlight lit up his face.

"You're late," I sassed, turning back to the water.

"Actually I'm on time," Fred replied as I heard the blanket unfold behind me. I turned back towards him as I watched him lie the blanket down on the ground before he took a seat.

"Are you going to come and join me?" He asked patting the spot next to him. I rolled my eyes as I pushed myself up off the ground and walked over to him. Watching him watch me as I flattened out my robe before I took a seat next to him. Turning my attention back to the water as I could still feel Fred's eye on me.

"You're staring," I hushed, breaking the silence between the two of us. 

"You're beautiful," He complimented as I felt my heart stop and my cheeks begin to grow warm. 

"Oh please," I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"I'm serious Lottie."

"You're just being nice," I attempted to argue.

"Maybe I am," He protested, "But I am serious."

"Why are we down here?" I asked changing the subject.

"Like I said. I want to get to know you."

"Why?" I asked rudely

"I don't know Lottie," He sighed with annoyance in his voice, "maybe you can tell me."

"You are ridiculous," I scoffed.

"You set the time, date, and place," He argued.

"So, you wouldn't annoy me but here you are."

"Do you always have to be so rude?" Fred asked, "You know I have seen you multiple times being nice and sweet. I just want to get to know you. Is that so bad?"

"Ask away Weasley."

"Favorite color?" Fred asked right away.

"Black," I replied, "you?"

"Green."

"Really?" I asked surprisingly.

"Yeah," He chuckled, "Why?"

"Figured it would be red," I assumed.

"Nope, just the hair. Favorite season?"

"Spring. You?"

"Summer."

"Why do you like the spring?" Fred asked.

"Becasue everything is blooming and the animals are coming back out. There is new life all around. It's warmer and brighter outside. It just feels peaceful. Why do you like the summer?"

"No school or professors, just time to be young and free."

"I feel like you still do that even though you have professors around and you are in school."

"Yeah," Fred chuckled again, "But George and I take things more seriously when we are here."

"Right," I scoffed as I couldn't help but laugh, "Wasn't I the one who had to tutor you?"