- yesterday

[ season 2 episode 18 ]

"Okay listen here!" Holly said to the man attending the little stall on the street. She leaned in closer to look at his name tag, "Listen here John! I have been to the stall everyday this week and you have given me a muffin! So why won't you give me one for free!" Holly said to John who stood looking unfazed by her.

"Cause you haven't got any money on you!" John said back to her. "Not my fault I'm an intern who forgets where she puts her purse. You can trust me John! I'm a trust worthy woman". Holly said trying to persuade him with a smile.

"No. Means no." John with a forced smile. "Ass hat." Holly said under her breath.

"Don't worry about it John I'll buy this trust worthy woman her muffin." A voice boomed from behind Holly. She already knew he sounded hot. And when she turned around he was even better than she expected. He gorgeous blue eyes and a smirk that had possibly wooed many women.

He puts his hand into his pocket pulling out a 100 dollar bill. Holly eye's widen. "Add a bone dry cappuccino to that." The man says as John picks out the muffin and starts making the drink.

Holly had still yet say a word to the man. "Wow, a thank you would be nice." The man says making Holly look up at him. "Oh yeah, um uh thanks." She was lost for words. She looked at his face for a second. "I've seen you before." Holly said to him as he raised his eyebrows.

"Well I mean you're a surgical intern? Have you not seen my amazing face on any surgical book or anything?" The man said as Holly shook her head. "Wow. Anyway I'm Mark."

Mark. Mark. Holly kept repeating the name in her head. "Oh God." Holly said to herself. Mark heard her and raised her eyebrows. "Are you Mark Mark? Like Derek Shepherd's Mark?" Mark instantly raised his eyebrows at the mention of Derek.

"No. You must have me confused." Mark lied through his teeth as Holly slowly nodded. And took the muffin off of the counter top of the stall.

She took a bite out of it as he smiled down at her. "Well, you know my name. I'd love to know yours." Mark said tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

She swallowed the little bit of muffin. "No can do. I'm about to be late for work." Holly said turning on her heel and walking away knowing she still had halve an hour before work started. She smiled to herself walking away.

Mark stood waiting for his drink smirking to himself.

×××

"He's acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods so I can do illegal transactions for money." Holly heard Cristina say as she walked into the locker room.