- haunt you everyday

[ season 4 episode 5 ]

"I hate today, with a passion." Holly says staring at the ceiling of Meredith's room. "Like Halloween is supposed to be fun, but I hate it with a burning passion." Holly complains to Meredith who is staring off into the distance.

"Halloween is supposed to be fun, but with all the dead people know I can't help but feel haunted. You know?" Holly asked turning Meredith. "Meredith." Holly said in a ghost-like voice. "Okay, we shall both just stare off into thin air." Holly said as she stared at the ceiling.

"It's your birthday!" Izzie said crashing in on the silence of Meredith's room.

Holly widened her eyes as she was thankful that everyone had forgotten. "It's your birthday?" Meredith asked turning her attention to Holly.

"I really want to kill you sometimes blondie." Holly says to Izzie.

Suddenly the front door opens and there is someone running up the stairs. "It's your birthday!" George said making Holly groan and put a pillow over her face.

"Who's birthday is it?" Alex asked joining the small group that had gathered at the door of Meredith's room. "Holly's!" George and Izzie shout.

"I hate my birthday." Holly said into the pillow but no one heard. "I should throw a party!" Izzie suggested as George agreed, with Alex and Meredith disagreeing.

"I'd rather you didn't." Holly said through the pillow, which only Izzie ignored. "What kind of cake? You like red velvet right?" Izzie asked Holly rolled her eyes and took the pillow off of her face and sat up.

"No party, no cake, no happy birthdays. Live today as if it is Halloween and not my birthday." Holly said and leaving the room.

"So red velvet cake or cupcakes?" Izzie asked as the other three looked at her.

"You heard her Izzie, no party, no cake, no happy birthdays." Meredith reiterated as Izzie shook her head. "Who wouldn't want to celebrate their birthday?" Izzie asked as everyone tilted their heads.

"Holly Webstone." The chorused as Izzie nodded. "Yeah your right."

×××

"You brought your mother in a bag?" Holly asked Meredith. "Does a certain someone know what today is?" Meredith asked Holly who had a guilty face.

"Holly Webstone!" Meredith said as Cristina walked up. "Why are we scolding Holly?" Cristina asked as she bit into her apple. "Well are you going to tell her or should I?" Meredith asked crossing her arms over her chest resulting in an eye roll from Holly.