- yellow

[ season 3 episode 1 ]

"Well this is familiar territory to you." Cristina says shrugging her shoulders as the rest of the group agree. "There is nothing familiar about this. Unfamiliar. Denny died. The man she loved died." Meredith argued.

"Yeah but you're all dark and twisty." Cristina explains as Meredith narrowed her eyes. "Dark and twisty?" Meredith asks as she is interrupted by the door opening. "Oh, Holly's home." Meredith says quietly as Holly walks up the stairs.

They all look at her as they look at her, with massive dark circles under her eyes. "I'm sure I could get through to Izzie." Holly says softly.

They all nod not wanting to argue with her that she should probably lie down already. Holly made her way up to the door and smacked her hand on the door making all the interns jump at the loudness. "Izzie!" Holly shouted making sure Izzie could hear her. "Get your ass out of there! You might be grieving but don't grieve on the floor if the room people poo in! You have a bed you can grieve in and then in your bed you can drink all your worries away. Which how I intend on spending my day!" Holly explained as Izzie lay just staring of into space on the floor.

"And everytime I pass this bathroom I will bang on the door, because you are not dying before I get to make your life, a living hell!" Holly shouted as the other interns decided that Holly should probably stop talking. "Okay. How about you go lie on your bed and I'll get you a bottle of tequila." George suggested making Cristina and Meredith tilt their heads at him.

"No." They mouth to him. "Too early." Meredith whispers.

"I'm grieving not deaf." Holly said walking towards her room. She looks down to her stomach. "Oh yes Mr Stomach we cannot wait till our stitches are healed so then we can beat people up." Holly says making herself laugh.

Holly walks into her room as the rest just look at each other. "Oh this is going to be terrible." Cristina said shaking her head.

"I second that."

×××

"Why are you making sandwiches?" Holly asked opening up the cupboards looking for a bottle. Cristina looks at her skeptical. Holly looks up and notices Cristina looking at her. "Do you have a problem? Do I have something on my face?" Holly asked looking into the mirror. "No, I don't see anything on my face."

"Sunshine." Cristina said as Holly ignored her. "What are the sandwiches for?" Holly asked Meredith again. "It's um what you do for when someone dies." Meredith says making Holly nod and going back to her original mission of searching the cupboards. "Did you drink all the tequila or make it magically go missing?" Holly asked shutting another cupboard.