- desire

[ season 3 episode 21 ]

"What are the signs of a central line infection?" Alex asked Meredith as they were at Cristina's apartment studying for the boards. "Puss, redness and fever." Meredith answered as Alex gets the next flash card up.

"What's Kahn's syndrome?" Alex asked as Meredith had to take time to think.

"Wait,wait. I know this!" Meredith says as Holly looks up to Burke with a scrunched nose.

"I have to say, the red velvet was much better than the lemon." Holly says taking a fork and eating more of the red velvet cake.

"But if you were Cristina, would you have red or lemon?" Burke asked as he took another cake out of the oven.

"Well I'm not Cristina but take it from me, you want your wedding cake to be memorable not a basic vanilla or chocolate. You want your wedding to stand out." Holly said as she looked at another cake Burke had made.

"You know alot about weddings." Burke said.

"Well... let's just say I would cut the girls wearing the wedding dresses out of the magazine in anger." Holly said making Burke raise his eyebrows. "You scare me." Burke said walking away making Holly chuckle.

×××

"I am not sneaking you into Cristina's wedding." Holly said walking into the hospital with Cal. "But why." Cal whined.

"Like imagine being at the Doctor Burke's wedding." Cal said making Holly stop as they stood in the reception.

"Why are you so obsessed with Burke. If I didn't know any better I'd say you have a crush on him. By the way what happened to your boyfriend, cause you slept with Callie so like did you break up?" Holly asked.

"He left overnight it was kinda creepy." Cal said as he and Holly began walking again. "Kinda sounds like you murdered him." Holly said with a smile as Cal laughed.

"If you did, I would cover up for you don't worry." Holly said slinging her arm around his shoulder. "Where's father dearest too, haven't seen him in a while. Did you scare him off?" Holly asked Cal playfully as he shrugged her arm off his shoulder.

"No I did not scare him off, he just wanted some time off." Cal said as Mark approached the two. "Okay, hottie incoming." Cal said as he turned to his sister to fix her hair.

"What are you doing?" Holly asked as Cal quickly pulled out blush from his pocket. "Cal!" Holly said as he lightly dabbed it on her cheeks.