- sympathy for the devil

[ season 5 episode 12 ]

"I'm so glad you don't live in the attic." Mark commented as he stepped into his jeans.

The two decided it would be best to sneak back into the house so Derek didn't worry about Holly not be home every day this week.

"I don't see why you have to leave." Holly replied.

Mark looked up at her and saw how vulnerable so looked, cuddled up in the bedsheets wearing one of his jumpers. He didn't want to leave but he also almost got caught by Derek the last few times he was here.

"And plus if Derek did see you I can just say your a hobo from the streets." Holly shrugged as she sat up against the headboard.

"Are you insinuating something?" Mark asked, "Also what is going on down there, it's like a frat party."

"Oh, they're cleaning the house for Derek's mom. I personally can't wait to meet her-"

Mark instantly turned around, wide eyed. "Mrs Shepherds coming? To Seattle?"

"So...?" Holly asked, not knowing why all of a sudden he seemed worried.

"So, that woman practically raised me, taught me right from wrong. If she found out that I was dating you - which might I add, Derek forbid me from doing." Mark said, only to be interrupted.

"Woah woah, back track. When did Derek say you couldn't date me?"

Mark smiled remembering the night like it was yesterday, "My first day in Seattle when Grey had appendicitis and he was like 'Mark don't go near Holly, you'll ruin her' blah blah blah, I didn't listen and now we are here happy and healthy."

Holly smiled and stood up from the bed, "Blah, blah, blah I love you, blah, blah, blah. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else." Holly smiled as wrapped her hands around his neck, and pulled his face down to her level. Pressing a kiss on his forehead, cheeks and the end of his nose.

Mark pouted and rested his forehead and hers, "Do I not get a proper one?"

Holly smiled and pulled away, jumping back onto her bed. "Nope."

Mark playfully scoffed and put his shirt back on, "Well I'm going then."

Holly smiled, and leant her head on her hand watching him put his classical jacket on, "I love you."

Everytime she said the words Mark couldn't help but smile. He loved the way they rolled off her tongue and he loved the way she smiled when she said them.